Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "Which Banks Pull Which Report For Apps" list

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The "Which Banks Pull Which Report For Apps" list

To add a DP for Chase:

I've gotten 3 new Chase cards since October 2018, and all three were double pulls on EX and EQ. For the third card (CSP) I waited till it had been over 6 months since getting my first Chase card (Marriott Bonvoy Boundless) and over 3 months since the second (Southwest Priority). I also put a ton of spend through the first two cards and kept them both PIF. I also recently got a promotion and raise that increased my income substantially for the third application. Considering those factors, I was really hoping that it would only be a single pull for at least the third app, but no such luck. I don't think my approval was borderline either - I got approved for a $19k SL with the lowest APR. 

I am still relatively new to Chase, as the Marriott card I got in October was my first account of any kind with them. So I'm guessing that had something to do with the double pulls. Also, I did not pre-qual, each application was a cold app. 

I'm in Georgia. 

Message 71 of 635
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

To add a DP for Chase:

I've gotten 3 new Chase cards since October 2018, and all three were double pulls on EX and EQ. For the third card (CSP) I waited till it had been over 6 months since getting my first Chase card (Marriott Bonvoy Boundless) and over 3 months since the second (Southwest Priority). I also put a ton of spend through the first two cards and kept them both PIF. I also recently got a promotion and raise that increased my income substantially for the third application. Considering those factors, I was really hoping that it would only be a single pull for at least the third app, but no such luck. I don't think my approval was borderline either - I got approved for a $19k SL with the lowest APR. 

I am still relatively new to Chase, as the Marriott card I got in October was my first account of any kind with them. So I'm guessing that had something to do with the double pulls. Also, I did not pre-qual, each application was a cold app. 

I'm in Georgia. 

Chase always double pulls, and if they think they need to, will double pull again. They will also pull vantagescore for the trended data they provide. You need to be specific when speaking to an underwriter whether it's during the app process or recon. I once reconned with them and mentioned that my TU was my most accurate report and the UW pulled the report without asking within seconds. It worked out in my favor because I got the freedom, but I told him that I wasn't giving him permission, I just mentioned it.

Message 72 of 635
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To add a DP for Chase:

I'm in Georgia. 

Chase always double pulls, and if they think they need to, will double pull again. They will also pull vantagescore for the trended data they provide. You need to be specific when speaking to an underwriter whether it's during the app process or recon. I once reconned with them and mentioned that my TU was my most accurate report and the UW pulled the report without asking within seconds. It worked out in my favor because I got the freedom, but I told him that I wasn't giving him permission, I just mentioned it.

That has definitely been my experience, but I commented because the data table at the beginning of this thread reports that Chase is usually a single pull on EX and only some folks have reported double pulls. 

Message 73 of 635
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To add a DP for Chase:

I'm in Georgia. 

I thought I replied to this earlier, but it's gone... Anyway, I agree with you that double pulls have definitely been my experience, but I was adding this DP because the original post in this thread reports that Chase usually just pulls EX and only sometimes double pulls.

Message 74 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To add a DP for Chase:

I'm in Georgia. 

Thanks for the DP's @thisjustin21! It's odd that you had double pulls multiple times. My very first app was a double pull with them, but every proceeding card was a single pull. Now your cards are much newer and you've banked three in 6 months and I know they can be sensitive to high activity, but I remember rolling thru them much faster.

None the less good info to know so I've updated the matrix to reflect that maybe a double pull could now be the new norm and single pulls seem to be more of a selective nature now. We'll see if any others chime in with recent approvals and see what pops up. 

Message 75 of 635
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To add a DP for Chase:

I'm in Georgia. 

Thanks for the DP's @thisjustin21! It's odd that you had double pulls multiple times. My very first app was a double pull with them, but every proceeding card was a single pull. Now your cards are much newer and you've banked three in 6 months and I know they can be sensitive to high activity, but I remember rolling thru them much faster.

None the less good info to know so I've updated the matrix to reflect that maybe a double pull could now be the new norm and single pulls seem to be more of a selective nature now. We'll see if any others chime in with recent approvals and see what pops up. 

No problem! Also, thank you very much for compiling all of this data and posting this! It's super useful!

Message 76 of 635
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

My new BBVA Compass ClearPoints was a lone EX pull for me in California.

Discover pulled EQ back when I responded to a mailer.

Everything that I do with Amex revolves around EX.

BoA was EX to open and TU for every CLI (Responded to a mailer)

Elan was a EQ HP (cold app)

Chase was EX & EQ HP for FU, just EX for CSP (Mailer for FU, green checkmark for CSP)

Those are the ones I can verify.

Message 77 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

My new BBVA Compass ClearPoints was a lone EX pull for me in California.

Discover pulled EQ back when I responded to a mailer.

Everything that I do with Amex revolves around EX.

BoA was EX to open and TU for every CLI (Responded to a mailer)

Elan was a EQ HP (cold app)

Chase was EX & EQ HP for FU, just EX for CSP (Mailer for FU, green checkmark for CSP)

Those are the ones I can verify.

Thanks for the details @ChargedUp -- your Chase experience was the same as mine. Initial one was a double-pull but then the rest after were single pulls. Not sure what drives them to do single vs double, and I'm sure we'll never figure it out, but good to know they're bipolar about it so at least we know what to expect. 

I didn't have any BBVA data (not in their area) so I'll add that one in as well. 

Your Discover pull also matches what we've been seeing (prequals online or mail tend to pull EQ) and your BofA CLI's mirror the masses. I know they can flip between EX or TU on account opening but they lean heavily on TU for CLI's across the board. Thanks for sharing!

Message 78 of 635
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Re: List of FICO Scores Banks Are Using For Apps/CLIs?

Just got a mailer for Wells Fargo with an invitation code.  I went ahead and applied online, knowing my reports are frozen.  It told me I needed to call to verify a few things.  I called and she said I need to unfreeze EQ.  I verified with her 3 times to make that it's just EQ and no other reports, she said that is correct "Only Equifax sir, we don't need the other reports".   So it looks like they may have changed to pulling EQ?

Message 79 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: List of FICO Scores Banks Are Using For Apps/CLIs?

Thanks for the DPs @FicoGuy2019 -- which card did you apply for? I'm wondering if they use specific CRA's on particular cards (I've seen a few instances where EQ was pulled for Propel), or if by chance they default to EQ when needing to go thru the process manually since yours were all locked. Let me know and we'll get our chart updated.

Message 80 of 635
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.