cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "Which Banks Pull Which Report For Apps" list

tag
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Re: List of FICO Scores Banks Are Using For Apps/CLIs?

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Thanks for the DPs @FicoGuy2019 -- which card did you apply for? I'm wondering if they use specific CRA's on particular cards (I've seen a few instances where EQ was pulled for Propel), or if by chance they default to EQ when needing to go thru the process manually since yours were all locked. Let me know and we'll get our chart updated.

This was for the Wells Fargo Platinum. 

Message 81 of 635
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure if it's been stated yet in this thread, but even if so it's probably worth saying again.  Even though a potential lender may only HP one bureau for an app, it's completely possible that they're pulling your other one or two credit reports via SPs and using all of the data they've obtained in the lending decision.

I think it's common to believe that a potential lender will only see the CR that they HP, but that's definitely not always the case.

Message 82 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@FicoGuy2019 wrote:

I did some digging and here is what I found. 21 Wells Fargo approvals in 2019 pulled EX only (11 of those were for the platinum card). 1 WF approval showed they pulled EX and EQ (propel card). I found one post someone else applied and forgot all their reports were on ice - when they called about unlocking they were advised to thaw EQ only and that is what was used for their app. 

It looks like EX is the default CRA for WF when all reports are open, but yours is only the 2nd post I've seen where they used EQ exclusively. The only common denominator was both applicants applied with frozen CRA's. It's still too few to tell if that's the reason you had EQ pulled, but EX seems to be their go to. I'll add a note to the grid -- thanks for the info @FicoGuy2019

Message 83 of 635
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@FicoGuy2019 wrote:

I did some digging and here is what I found. 21 Wells Fargo approvals in 2019 pulled EX only (11 of those were for the platinum card). 1 WF approval showed they pulled EX and EQ (propel card). I found one post someone else applied and forgot all their reports were on ice - when they called about unlocking they were advised to thaw EQ only and that is what was used for their app. 

It looks like EX is the default CRA for WF when all reports are open, but yours is only the 2nd post I've seen where they used EQ exclusively. The only common denominator was both applicants applied with frozen CRA's. It's still too few to tell if that's the reason you had EQ pulled, but EX seems to be their go to. I'll add a note to the grid -- thanks for the info @FicoGuy2019

Here is the letter I received in the mail today.  Since they pull EX9, I wonder if they pull EQ9 as well?

wf_platium_app.jpg

Message 84 of 635
Fated4Credit
Regular Contributor

Sorry if this had been asked before in the thread but does anyone know if Chase pulls TU & EX in NY?
Discover: $15,900
Cap One QS: $4811
CFU: $8,000
PPMC: $12,000
US Bank Cash+: $13,000
Penfed Powercash Rewards: $7,500
AAOA: 3.5 yrs
Experian (Fico 8) 756
Transunion (Fico 8) 757
Equifax (Fico 8) 764
Message 85 of 635
ZackAttack
Established Contributor

@Fated4Credit wrote:
Sorry if this had been asked before in the thread but does anyone know if Chase pulls TU & EX in NY?

It's most likely the info that is listed on the main OP post that started this thread. Just look at the picture and find what it says for Chase.

MSGCU Rewards | $8kDiscover Cash It | $10kAmex BCP | $15kBest Buy Visa | $20kChase Freedom Flex | $8kDCU Platinum | $8kNFCU Plat | $35kNFCU cashRewards | $24kAffinity FCU Cash Rewards | $7kAmazon Prime | 12.5kChase Unlimited | 16.4kUSAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex | 10kAmex Business Cash | 10k

Loans
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/22/2023 ($299/month)
Closed
Michigan Schools & Gov't CU Titanium 1/4/2019 - 10/2/2020
Ford Credit Car Loan 3-year 7/31/2018-6/6/2021
$1,500 Discover Card 10/2/2020 - 8/18/2021
$3,500 Citi DC 10/14/2020 - 12/11/2021
$8,000 DCU Personal Loan 5-year 5.99% 10/2/2020 - 4/30/2021
$8,000 NFCU CashRewards 1/2/2021 - 7/30/2022
$5,000 MSGCU Personal Loan 3-year 7.75% 4/22/2022 - 10/30/2022
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/7/2021 - 6/22/2023
Message 86 of 635
ClevelandIndians
Established Member

Re: The "Which Banks Pull Which Report For Apps" list

USAA seems to now pull EX Bankcard Enhanced Fico3 vs. Fico2 (this was for the Amex Rewards card). Confirmed the score they provided on the denial letter matched exactly what was on my Experian bankcard FICO scores report the same day.

Message 87 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: The "Which Banks Pull Which Report For Apps" list

Thanks for the DP's @ClevelandIndians! I've updated the chart to reflect F3 vs F2 - thanks! 

Message 88 of 635
Anonymous
Not applicable

Banks That use Transunion only.

Not sure if there's a thread on this already. But Up until today I had a collection on my Experian report that made me seek Credit Cards and lenders that only pull Transunion.

I can confirm that the following applications only hit my Transunion:

Barclays: (That's how I got the Arrival+ CC)

Avant loans (got a high interest rate loan and they only pulled TU)

Any Credit card through Synchrony Bank (Applied for Lowe's CC)

In their approval letters they also only showed my TU score.
I'm based in NYC.

Message 89 of 635
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Re: Banks That use Transunion only.

This website can help you with that: creditboards.com

(Mod edit-links to that site are not allowed as its considered a credit repair site.)

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 90 of 635
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.