Valued Contributor

Equifax Pullers?

I'm looking for an Equifax Puller / Soft Pull Preapproval

Any one...?

Message 101 of 635
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax Pullers?

BB&T is what you want (soft pre-approval).  Synovus is also EQ F9 but it will be a HP.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 102 of 635
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

where is the pre-approval link for BB&T ?

Message 103 of 635
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@MyDataMyChoice wrote:

https://www.bbt.com/offers/checkOffers

If you live outside of their footprint it may not have been showing for you.

GL

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 104 of 635
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyDataMyChoice wrote:

Any update? Did you go for the BB&T cards? Just wondering if the SP dealio is still working for people.

Message 105 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: The "Which Banks Pull Which Report For Apps" list

Updated to include the latest trend -- Apple Card. 

Goldman Sachs backed. Members have also reported when you open the app it will provide the approved limit and APR before completing a hard pull. Once you accept the offer, the HP hits on TU. Some have also said that the soft-pull process includes a quick check on Chex Systems and Corelogic, but I'm unable to confirm how or why. 

Message 106 of 635
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently,

Disco-EX-new app w/reservation code.
FNBO Ducks-EX
USB-TU-new app cash+

Older 6-13 months

Barclays is TU (SP CLI)
Elan is TU (SP CLI)
Chase-EX only ***(twice, one pull each for 2 separate cards a month or so apart. CSP & Freedom) edited***
Synch-TU (SP CLI)
Citi-EQ AND EX ***edited***
Disco-new app double pull EQ/EX
AmEx-EX
USB-TU
5/3-TU
BBT-EQ

Thanks for making this thread, you’re doing an awesome job, great wealth of info.

Message 107 of 635
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@thisjustin21  "I've gotten 3 new Chase cards since October 2018, and all three were double pulls on EX and EQ."

@Brian_Earl_Spilner  "Chase always double pulls"

@credit_is_crack   "It's odd that you had double pulls multiple times. My very first app was a double pull with them, but every proceeding card was a single pull."

@ChargedUp  "Chase was EX & EQ HP for FU, just EX for CSP"

@Birdman7   "Chase-EX only"

Data Points on CHASE:

I have (5) cards with Chase.  Four approved in past 15 months. 

I can verify that Chase does *NOT* always double pull.  It apparently depends on the client and profile. 

On the four personal and business cards since May of 2018, all have been single pulls on EX.  

No double pulls at all. 

BTW, my oldest card with them dates back 19 years, so I have history with them. I imagine if you are new to Chase or have thinner file, double pulls might be more common. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 108 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the insight @Aim_High

I’ve experienced the same as you and agree with the logic. The more established you are with them (and/or elsewhere), there is a lower propensity to double pull. I was surprised that your business card did not pull personal - mine certainly did. Unless you’re Business was under an LLC/INC setup? Mines under a sole prop - smaller, but legitimate side hustle lol
Message 109 of 635
iv
Valued Contributor

@ZackAttack wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@ZackAttack wrote:

Well, I got recently decline from Discover for a credit line increase. I got no clue about the 2 other bureaus if they do soft pull but with what I currently have they pulled TransUnion with Fico Score 4 rating.

Thanks for the info @ZackAttack -- Disco does tend to pull TU on those CLI requests, but I'm surprised about the 04 rating. I don't have them any longer but when I did they always pulled the F8 version. Interesting. 

I looked at the closest score on the paper and is fico 4 in compare to today

Discover uses FICO 8...  unless your letter actually identified the score range as 309 to 839, it's unlikely that they pulled TU4.

(It sounds like you were trying to match their reported score on the letter to your "closest score" on another CMS report?)

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 110 of 635
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.