Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "Which Banks Pull Which Report For Apps" list

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: The "Which Banks Pull Which Report For Apps" list

*Updated list to include my recent UMB app* they seem to favor TU, but unsure if it was F8 or F9. I'll update as we get more DP's 

Message 201 of 635
Remedios
Credit Mentor

If prequal is generated through Credit Journey, there is pretty good chance Chase will pull TU in addition to EX or EQ because their data is used for prequals. 

Message 202 of 635
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Discover Update:

I am existing Discover cardholder.

Table in top of thread indicates Discover pulls TU for prequals and EX for no Prequal.

I was checked for preapprovals on Discover's home page and was approved for multiple cards.

When submitted, it pulled my EX instead of TU.  Appears to be single-bureau pull, though.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 203 of 635
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

Discover Update:

I am existing Discover cardholder.

Table in top of thread indicates Discover pulls TU for prequals and EX for no Prequal.

I was checked for preapprovals on Discover's home page and was approved for multiple cards.

When submitted, it pulled my EX instead of TU.  Appears to be single-bureau pull, though.

Exact same thing happened to me three days ago.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 204 of 635
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 1st pre qualification last may of 2018 they pulled Equifax. The 2nd one this may 2019 they pulled experian. When I was not pre qualified and was denied a couple years back they pulled Equifax for me. They haven't touched my trans Union when it comes to hard pulls..
They did finally give me a credit limit increase on my newest card doubled my limit from 2000 to 4000 yay!!
Message 205 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Hi All,

Got crazy busy with work so missed quite a few of these additions but I've updated the grid. 

@Remedios, I've added the note about the Chase Prequal leaning towards TU, good to know! 

@Aim_High and @GApeachy, you shared the grid said TU for Disco prequals, but I have it noted that it is EQ. Either way, both of you shared that when the HP came thru it was EX so they could be changing things up. Since we can't pinpoint it down, I've noted it on the grid to be cautious that it could be either EQ or EX. Good thing is that they are still single HP. They could adopting the "SP one CRA and HP another" trend floating around with banks. 

@dtk6802, you had the same thing as @Aim_High and @GApeachy so I'm wondering if they do this:

• Non Card Holder; Prequal = EQ, Non-Prequal = EX
  • Existing Cardholder = Prequal or not, HP EX??

We would need some more folks who have 2 Disco cards to see if that's how they do it or it's just been random lately. Thanks for the additional notes! 

Message 206 of 635
Anonymous
Not applicable

gecreditunion.org uses equifax fico9.

ohio.

Message 207 of 635
Anonymous
Not applicable

What creditor pulls what Bureau link.

Can someone please show me where the link is to which creditor pulls which bureau?  I've seen it on here before and can't seem to find it.

Thank you

Message 208 of 635
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: What creditor pulls what Bureau link.

Message 209 of 635
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

When I applied for a Chase Freedom they pulled just Experian. However my CSP they pulled but EX & TU.

CF - Cold App

CSP - Pre-approval

Message 210 of 635
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.