The "Which Banks Pull Which Report For Apps" list

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: The "Which Banks Pull Which Report For Apps" list

@_bobby_lee wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Hi All, 

In an effort to beef up our grid here, @Aim_High found many posts where Elan was mentioned. We saw your posts but wanted to know if by chance you could share a few more tidbits. Can you help fill in the gaps?

Do you by chance know which version (Fico8 or Fico9) was pulled in your app? 

Were you able to determine which CRA they pulled, the possible version and can you share your state?

Congrats to those who secured their approvals! 

I'm in North Carolina and they pulled Equifax.

Thanks @_bobby_lee for the info! SC here so, Hello Neighbor Smiley Happy

I've updated our grid. 

• +NC for Elan EQ HP
Message 541 of 635
8Hunnid
New Contributor

I live in Ky. I don't remember what Elan pulled for approval and I cant find my approval letter. I just asked for a CLI and it was a HP and they used Trans FICO 9

Trans 750 EX 750 EQ 750
CO Quicksilver 1,500
FNBO Speedway 18,000
Amex BCP 20,000
Barclay View 13,500
Sync Lowes 16,000
Chase FU (P2) 6,600
Chase F 12,000
Discover (P2) 18,000
US Bank Cash+ 12,000
General Electric CU 15,000
X1 27,000
Chase CSP 16,600
Hilton Honors 15,000
Utilization 10%
Negative - 30 day 6 years ago
Message 542 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@8Hunnid wrote:

I live in Ky. I don't remember what Elan pulled for approval and I cant find my approval letter. I just asked for a CLI and it was a HP and they used Trans FICO 9

Thanks @8Hunnid for the info!

• +KY for TU HP with Elan
Message 543 of 635
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_is_crack wow it seems like Elan is all over the place, I wonder if the institution through which one applies has any difference with what bureau is pulled? Might wanna ask name institution on the data points to see if there's a correlation going forward. Or I may be totally off, but it seems like they're pretty random, unless you're seeing a correlation by state yet?

Message 544 of 635
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@credit_is_crack wow it seems like Elan is all over the place, I wonder if the institution through which one applies has any difference with what bureau is pulled? Might wanna ask name institution on the data points to see if there's a correlation going forward. Or I may be totally off, but it seems like they're pretty random, unless you're seeing a correlation by state yet?

I thought about that @Anonymous, but I don't think it is worth tracking for several reasons. 

For one, Elan partners with over 1400 financial institutions!  Even with all our reports from members on here, we might be lucky to replicate just a few of these results more than one time per FI and it adds a staggering amount of additional data to track.   Moreover, I don't think we need to add that complexity for reasons below. 

It appears Elan is doing exactly what was previously reported by parent US Bancorp, where TU is normally pulled but sometimes EX or EQ.  We already have a pattern to build from.  For that matter, these Elan data points may help give more insight into the US Bank process!

The longer we've gotten into discussing the Elan cards, it appears Elan has much more influence and control over the application and card management processes, so the local FI probably is insignificant. 

The more likely reasons for the different CRB reports are either that they use a random pull process across all bureaus (which means we would never find a pattern) or else the CRB used is related to geography, as has been indicated by other lenders.  So I think tracking by state as @credit_is_crack has done before is the best course of action. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 545 of 635
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be my first impulse too and why I was asking if CiC had discerned any patterns. Remember, I have been a proponent of the financial institution being totally disconnected from the beginning, But it just made me wonder because if it was applied through their front end or in office.

But with 1400+, then yeah agreed, it would be ridiculous, it’s not even worth an attempt.
Message 546 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
That would be my first impulse too and why I was asking if CiC had discerned any patterns. Remember, I have been a proponent of the financial institution being totally disconnected from the beginning, But it just made me wonder because if it was applied through their front end or in office.

But with 1400+, then yeah agreed, it would be ridiculous, it’s not even worth an attempt.

I agree with @Aim_High as far as tracking. Elan is everywhere and if we get into the weeds by bank I think we won't see much more than 1 event per site considering the MyFICO audience. We'll just track as things pop-up, but they do seem to favor TU, which could very well be driven by the bank and not Elan itself. They're still good DP's to have since we have folks all over the country and since most of these Max Cash cards are open to the public for banks not geo-fenced, then someone could technically predict which CRA would be pulled based on the bank they chase for it. Of course we'd need more to say "we're confident", but it is more than we had before. 

Message 547 of 635
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Hi All, 

In an effort to beef up our grid here, @Aim_High found many posts where Elan was mentioned. We saw your posts but wanted to know if by chance you could share a few more tidbits. Can you help fill in the gaps?

Do you by chance know which version (Fico8 or Fico9) was pulled in your app? Can you also share what state you live in?

Can you share what state you live in?

Not sure if they pulled Fico8 or Fico9 but I live in GA.  CRA was EQ.

Message 548 of 635
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Can you share what state you live in?

Not sure if they pulled Fico8 or Fico9 but I live in GA.  CRA was EQ.

Thanks @MrDisco99

I've update the grid

Message 549 of 635
lionup
Established Member

Thank you @credit_is_crack for this thread. @Aim_High pointed me to it.
Here is another Elan datapoint for the Visa Signature Max Cash Preferred card:

CRA (TU), FICO score version (unknown), state of residence (Ohio), Bank (Buckeye State Bank).

Message 550 of 635
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.