Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think a GW would help here?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Think a GW would help here?

Hi,  all-

I've been divorced for almost  4 years. In the split, the ex got the house, and promptly started screwing up. He almost went into forclosure. He ended up selling the house a couple of years ago, but the lates are ofcourse showing up on my CR. I disputed, sending copies of the divorce decree, and understand why the lates were not removed from my CR. TU even shows a notation that the house was resposibility of ex spouse.  I was wondering if antone here thinks a GW letter to Washington Mutual Mortgage co would do anygood.
Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Think a GW would help here?

It is worth a shot.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

you've got absolutely nothing to lose.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

...except my time, which is highly valuable. ;-) Thanks!
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

TexMontana wrote:
...except my time, which is highly valuable. ;-) Thanks!

23 posts and 423 minutes spent online. It's ain't the Magna Carta, it's a GW letter.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Um. It was but a joke. Thanks for letting me know what I've been up to, though.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My attempt at humor seems to have failed to demonstrate that the time necessary for a GW letter isn't exhaustive, results vary, but your odds are much better than if you do nothing. There are no magic bullets, and GW doesn't always succeed the first time. However, you don't have any other options if the lates were legit lates and your name was on the mortgage at the time they were incurred.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks- I figured as much.
I did send the mortgage company a GW letter. And heck, since I was in the mood and got a solid 2 1/2 hours of sleep last night, I went ahead and sent one to every other creditor I paid off for the ex.  And why not throw in a PFD while I'm at it? Done!
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The GW may get you somewhere. Since the loan is now paid off, nothing to PFD. Although some have wondered aloud about a form of PFD whereby one offers to pay some sort of "administrative fee" in exchange for a delete.

Message 9 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Noah_Bodie wrote:
The GW may get you somewhere. Since the loan is now paid off, nothing to PFD. Although some have wondered aloud about a form of PFD whereby one offers to pay some sort of "administrative fee" in exchange for a delete.

This admin fee, sounds like the lender is accepting a kickback.Smiley Happy  Just a thought!
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.