Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is weird ,mission lane reopened ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is weird ,mission lane reopened ?

I had a mission lane account in 2019 for 500.00 limit I charged off 2 bbt cards so I didn't mess with credit til a few months ago .

Well I pull a updated report everything was correct I looked at mission lane it reported it was closed .last activity was late 2019.

I thought this was normal .

So credit karma said I had a outstanding chance of approval for the mission lane card with a 59 buck annual fee  .I did the pre approval link and it said I already had a current account with them .

So I called them up and they said it was closed and didn't know why I couldn't reapply. So she tried to help me then but

Said the computer was sending a error .

I said it's ok and moved on. We'll my current eq vantage 3 was 571 I check it the next night and it jumped to 636 so I figure cap 1 or fingerhut reported you know how vantage jumps but no. I had a active dispute going ,checked it .no. so I was puzzled 

Got to looking at my report and mission lane was showing open account with 23 months history and a 500 limit this is only on equifax though I've got no mailers from the company ,no phone calls and when I call back they said they need the full account  number or the phone number or email listed on the account to access it I have neither anymore. So what do yall think ? Identy theft going on? A glitch? Idk stuck at the moment

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: This is weird ,mission lane reopened ?

Probably a CK thing. Get your real credit reports from annual credit reports. Bet it says closed there.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No sir it's on the paper reports also .idk what's going on but I'm watching it 

Message 3 of 11
Have1
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No sir it's on the paper reports also .idk what's going on but I'm watching it 

I doubt someone has hacked into their system and stolen your closed account.  There are much juicier targets.  Smiley LOL

I'm thinking from what you have described that their system has hiccuped.  You may end up with an open Mission Lane account or it may get shut down again when they fix whatever the error is on their side.   You didn't seem to indicate that the Mission Lane account was a derogatory account so if it is something you want to keep see if you can find an old statement or card to get the info from.  If you still live at the same address (or have access to it) you could ask them to mail you a statement.  They have to have some method for identifying customers for recovery of accounts.  It won't be instant (it will be a process), but it's doable.

Let us know how this turns out.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update called mission lane they needed front and back of my license  an a selfie of me holding my license  sent it through a secure link they unrestricted the account ..email didn't say it but I assume a card will be mailed soon 500 limit yes sir I can work with that .lol on the road back I hope .

Message 5 of 11
Have1
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update called mission lane they needed front and back of my license  an a selfie of me holding my license  sent it through a secure link they unrestricted the account ..email didn't say it but I assume a card will be mailed soon 500 limit yes sir I can work with that .lol on the road back I hope .

Thank you for the update.  Keep us posted on how it works out.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Have1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the update.  Keep us posted on how it works out.

Will certainly do .thanks 

Message 7 of 11
Have1
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@

I apologize for failing to say Congratulations!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Have1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@

I apologize for failing to say Congratulations! 

No problem  thanks 

Message 9 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous 

Please refrain from posting duplicate threads on the same subject. A separate thread in Approvals has been removed since you already have an existing, active topic discussing the outcome of this particular card from end-to-end. This not only tends to confuse the members of the community, but is also against the myFICO Forums TOS.

-FS

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.