Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is what happens when the baddies age off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what happens when the baddies age off

I've been working on my credit for the last year. The idea being that I will have a solid credit foundation when the last baddies finally age off of my credit report.

Well I got a score watch update today, logged in and and saw this:

Holy credit spike batman! That's even better than what I was hoping for.

So I went from terrible credit year ago to great credit today. I've got an American Express, a Citi and a couple other little cards under my belt with a healthy amount of available credit.

Thank you myFICO forums for teaching me so much about how credit really works!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
jackig64
New Contributor

Re: This is what happens when the baddies age off

Congrat's!!!  What aged off to give you this FANTASTIC JUMP....?

Message 2 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

w00t!

Sometimes waiting it out is all you can do.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jackig64 wrote:

Congrat's!!!  What aged off to give you this FANTASTIC JUMP....?

Just pulled the power report. I had one regular collection and one other collection that was reported as a negative account fall off. The collection was a $120 internet service bill from ages ago and the negative account was pallisades for an AT&T cell phone.

So I went from two negative items to zero. My credit report is now squeeky clean. Yesterday my score was 680, today it is 761. I'm satisfied with an 81 point boost. Smiley Surprised

Unfortunately this will go down a bit soon. My new AMEX hasn't reported yet. When it does it wil drop my AAoA and show a new account. We'll see how bad that hurts my score.

Signature updated!

Message 4 of 11
jackig64
New Contributor

That is awesome...I can't wait for the "bad marriage years" to disappear from my report.  IT's amazing you can get a divorce completed quickly but the "damage" lingers for years Smiley Happy.  I have three more years for a bunch of the worst to disappear, in the  meantime I am working on getting utilization to a low number..Also considering opening a Secured BofA for a higher trade limit.  Congrats to you!

Message 5 of 11
Regular Contributor

Thank you so much for posting this. I have a $173 medical collection that is going to fall off at the begining of 2012. My EQ is 683 as well.  I can only hope for an 81 point increase, but I would be plenty happy with a 40 point increase. I would really like to buy a house in a couple years.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!! That is awesome!!! I have a bogus CO thats due to fall off Dec/Jan 2013, It's not even my account, I've been disputing it for four months now. Then I'll be squeaky clean!!

Message 7 of 11
ronniejr
Valued Member

whoa!!!  Congrats big time!!.  Hopefully 4 baddies are coming off mine in 2012.  My current scores are all around the 690-700 mark.  I hope to get the same explosion you got!!  Question:  Did you contact the tu, eq and ex to 'remind' them its been 7 years and time to drop these accounts?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ronniejr wrote:

Did you contact the tu, eq and ex to 'remind' them its been 7 years and time to drop these accounts?

Nope, I've never talked with any of the CRA's. They just aged off naturally.

Message 9 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

When the only baddie fell off my reports I averaged a 51 point jump

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.