Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is why I hate Credit

tag
nosup4u
Contributor

This is why I hate Credit

So why is it when I trying to pay down all my debt or at least down to 25% Experian who is usually the first to report balance changes wont update like 5 accounts when TU and EQ have already done so.  This Crap happens every single time I pay down my debt one CRA drags that goalith feet on reporting.  Im trying to get some CLI and maybe a new card or two and apply for a car loan only to be stimied by this nonsence 

Im waitign on DCU and CAFCU to report which happens at the end of the month but ehre we on 12 days into the month and nothing and last month they reported around the 8th to 10th does this happen to anyone else?

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: This is why I hate Credit

Your cards report to all 3 bureaus at the same time. The 3 bureaus process that report and then update their database with it. For EX and EQ that process generally takes 1-2 days. For TU, it is sometimes more like 3-4 days. Are you sure that what you are referencing is not the interface you are using that hasn't refreshed its data from EX? Where are you getting your 3 reports from, and what do said reports show for the date they were refreshed? Take that date and compare it to the dates that each card reports to the bureaus and see if that doesn't begin to clear things up a bit. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 2 of 30
nosup4u
Contributor

I use My fico,Experian, credit karma, and some others point being I check experian everyday as I'm a member as this happens all the time with Ex its so corrupt its not even funny 

Message 3 of 30
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@nosup4u wrote:

I use My fico,Experian, credit karma, and some others point being I check experian everyday as I'm a member as this happens all the time with Ex its so corrupt its not even funny 

And not to sound like I'm repeating things, but I just want to be sure I understand fully. There are different kinds of membership through EX, some update daily and some do not. Are the reports you are viewing updated as of today's date?

84608E4D-B2FF-43E3-AA53-E6B43CA36312.jpeg

If so, and you are truly having reporting issues, you may have to reach out to the creditor you are having issues with. Sometimes your accounts will miss a month of reporting here or there with 1 or more bureaus, that just happens. If it is happening consistently you'd want to reach out to your lender. EX is merely reporting what is being passed on to them by your FI. 

TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 30
nosup4u
Contributor

I understand communicating through text can be complicated but yes its a daily membership 

Screenshot 2021-04-12 123328.png

Message 5 of 30
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

The 5 accounts that you are waiting on to report, when are their cycle dates? Do they always report on the same date each month? Are all 5 currently missing from reporting only on your EX for this month, but showing updated balances on EQ and TU?

TCL $199,800
Message 6 of 30
nosup4u
Contributor

They are end of month cycle dates 

last month in march 

DCU updated on the 10th 

and CAFCU updated on the 03.04

here we are in April and I paid off 3 accounts to 0

and the last account was a auto payment and nothing 

Message 7 of 30
nosup4u
Contributor

and I forgot TU and EQ have updated as well 

last week 

Message 8 of 30
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@nosup4u wrote:

They are end of month cycle dates 

last month in march 

DCU updated on the 10th 

and CAFCU updated on the 03.04

here we are in April and I paid off 3 accounts to 0

and the last account was a auto payment and nothing 

Ok, I'm trying to understand your situation better, but I am having trouble digesting the information you are posting. 

DCU: Statement cuts on the 10th of each month. 
CAFCU: Statement cuts on the 4th of each month. 

Some other unnamed account: auto pay and an unknown cycle date.

Since it's only the 12th, DCU might just be a little slow to post. It's only been 2 days since your statement. Give it some time. 

You are saying then that between 3/5 and 4/4 that you paid your CAFCU account off and it hasn't reported the updated balance yet? Does it say specifically on EX that the account has not reported since 3/4? 

TCL $199,800
Message 9 of 30
nosup4u
Contributor

Ok so DCU and CAFCU update at the months end every month regardless of payment date 

I paid off a loan and credit card with DCU before the 31st last month 

And Im saying last month in March DCU updated on the 10th for Feb payment 

and CAFCU updated on the 5th I believe if that is what I said in the last post 

regardless accounts were updated early in the month and not towards the middle.  

Experian has it out for me I tell you its personal this is not the first time this has happened and its 

only when I pay certain accounts to zero this is important as I'm trying to get my secured card with SDFCU 

Graduated and I need these accounts to show 0 balance super frustrating 

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.