Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This place is a hidden gem more questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

This place is a hidden gem more questions

I have 2 situations i am curious on...bare with me i dont really know that much about this stuff

1. I have a care credit card that I had dental work on for only $650 (wish i would have just paid cash) Anyways the interest rate is not that good but im more concerned with my credit than paying the extra bucks. I am 23 years old and my girlfriend and I are dying to get a house. She has a score of 748 i have a score of 631. What is the best way to pay this card and not damage my credit. I shouldntpay it all right off should i because i hear this isnt good. I shouldnt pay minimums either though should i. the limit is 3000 so i think but do not know that this helps my debt to availabile credit ratio. so having this card heps me right? dont know the best way to pay it though.

2. I want to propose to my girlfriend. I do not want a cheap ring lol thinking like 3000. Thats a lot to me atleast my monthly income is a bout 2k but I have a company car company phone company gas yada yada yada. Anyways how much is this going to hurt my credit getting lets say a zales credit card because it would be the third open acct in a year. none in the previous 3 years because my credit was so bad. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: This place is a hidden gem more questions

Hello Matt, and welcome to the forums. Please read Credit Scoring 101, if you haven't already.

First, where did you obtain those scores that you are citing?

Also, please list the debts that are on your CRs.

CC#1 650 bal/3000 CL
CC#2 200 bal/300 CL

Also any other items that are on your reports. Are there any baddies there?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.