Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This site saved my financial life!

tag
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: This site saved my financial life!

Congratulations!! And thank you for your story. It helps to reinforce why we do what we do here, and it's inspirational for those of us who are still working at it. Love this community!

Message 11 of 15
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

So cool to hear your story. I couldn't agree with you more -- this site has changed my life for the better and opened up doors I never thought were possible!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 12 of 15
Medic981
Valued Contributor

I too credit the myFICO community with giving me the knowledge to gain the wisdom to better my financial future. 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 13 of 15
Openwater
Established Contributor

That is awesome. Very glad to hear about your success. I must admit that I have gained a lot of knowledge from the members of this community. Big congrats to you, and a big thanks to everyone that contributes to the forums. Cheers!

Discover 22K ---------------------------- Credit Union MC 17K
Cap1 QS 11K ---------------------------- Barclay 3.4K
AMEX Blue Cash AU 15.5K ------ Barclay Apple AU 10K
AMEX BCP 15K
1 Installment loans:
Auto 60K /

AMEX Hilton Aspire 25K
Vantage 3.0: TU:738 EQ: 737 03-17-2020
Ch. 7 DC 12/2014
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
At the beginning of 2016 I had a 650 FICO and my Wife and I had been in our starter house for about 12 years. Today!; Debt is completely under control, 849 top fico, 841 lowest (Come'on one more point), just about all spending earns CC cash back rewards, and a total CL that I'll likely never touch again. We built a new construction Forever home with zero down (thanks VA), what little non-mortgage debt we do have is all at 0%, and we finally have a solid investment portfolio. We're even considering early retirement. Having a good job that pays well plays no small part in this but WOW. The financial education I've had here is far more valuable than my university engineering education. P.S. Over two years in the garden.

Congrats on your progress, these are the type of stories that give me optimism after blowing up my credit 5 years ago. Kudos to you Textret!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.