Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Warner Account being collected by Credit Managemnet LP

tag
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

Time Warner Account being collected by Credit Managemnet LP

Hello Everyone, Just recieved a collection on a account that I have been paying on at Time Warner Cable. I guess 20 bucks a week wasn't fast enough for them. It is being collected by Credit management LP and is showing up as a collection account on my two of my reports at this point (Experian and Equifax). Should I go with the following approach: 1st: Dispute CRA'S. 2nd: MOV CRA's. 3RD DV CA. 4TH PFD CA. 5TH PFD TIME WARNER. OR should I make a move simultaneously on some of these.

Starting Score: EQ:609
Current Score: 624
Goal Score: EQ:725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Time Warner Account being collected by Credit Managemnet LP

I would do all of them at the same time. Credit Management LP is a tough company to get the collection off the CR. It happend to me with the comcast account and I have been fighting with them for the last 6 months to get it remove. My suggestion go with all the big guns you have. That is the only way they listen.
Message 2 of 21
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

Re: Time Warner Account being collected by Credit Management LP

Did you make up any ground with them or is it still reflected on your report. Thanks for responding. --igdycsmG6

Message 3 of 21
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

It is still showing on my CR. Every time I dispute with CR it comes back as verified. Just today I have sent the DV letter to them by Certified Mail and asking the proof for the debt. They might have to goto Comcast and get it and provide it to me or remove from the CR. I would know in the next 6 weeks as to what the scoop is and where they stand. I beleive it is illegal to keep reporting unless they are able to produce the sufficient documentation validating the debt. I'll know in the next few weeks.
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have the contact information for Credit Management LP?  I am helping someone clean up their credit and they of courst Time Warner turned over an account to Credit Management LP but did not disclose a phone number.  Thanks. 
Message 5 of 21
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

The CMI Group 4200 International Parkway Carrollton, TX 75007 Main: 1-800-377-7713 Collections: 1-800-377-7789 Fax: 1-800-377-7715

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had good results contacting the Manager at Time Warner and explaining my situation. I did pay my account in full to CMI. I had not returned the equipment that I was leasing, due to a move, and other situations that made my cable service the least of my worries, until lately. I returned my equipment last month and they have reimbursed me $340 for it, and agreed to remove the account from my reports. Again, this was before I found this forum and knew how to handle the CA's. The bill was mine, so, I paid up. If you were paying on time as Time Warner asked you, I do not understand why they would turn you over to a CA. Did you have an agreement, or were you just paying that hoping it would keep the account from going to collections? I am not an expert, but this is just my experience with the OC and CA.

Message Edited by stef37 on 01-06-2008 07:44 PM
Message 7 of 21
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

No agreement was made with Time Warner I just dropped them $20 buck every pay period against my balance. I appreciate your comments about your conversation with Time Warner manager can you send his specific contact info. Thanks, igdycsmG6

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did send you a PM idgy. I wish I kept better notes when I was on my paying spree in October. Like I said, any of the managers will probably help you as they see you were trying and not ignoring the problem. I would explain that to them.  They were alot nicer to work with than some of the other's I have delt with lately,  that is for certain. So, don't give up hope yet!
Message 9 of 21
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

Sent Time Warner Cable CEO a request for PFD thru planet feedback, should I also send one to the local office?

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.