cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To cancel the card or nit to cancel the card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

To cancel the card or nit to cancel the card.

Hi
So last year after taking some big credit hits because of lost work from surgery, scores from mid 700s down to barely 500.....I started my mission to rebuild. I ended up getting a secured capital one with 500.00 and a us bank secured with 300.00. Since then Im in low to mid 600 range and about 6 months ago got a non secured capitalone at 600.00 which they raised to 750.00 last month. Was approved for and purchased a new Toyota corolla last month through toyota financial
And had a pre-approval for unsecured discover card yesterday which I applied and was approved for 1000. to start. My question is that us bank secured 300.00 card, should I just cancel it? If I want to increase the limit I need to send them a check and they do a hard pull on my credit and all that. I would like to just close it as it will never go anywhere and I achieved what I intended. I just wonder if it will affect me score or not.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Re: To cancel the card or nit to cancel the card.

I thought US Bank would graduate after a time. If so, I'd sock drawer it until that time maybe putting a monthly recurring bill on it and PIF. Just my $0.02

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.