Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tons of AMEX Soft Pulls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tons of AMEX Soft Pulls

Do I need to be worried about the fact that AMEX has soft pulled my EXP report several times in the last two months since I got a card with them, including doing a SP daily for the last 5 days??

My utilization is less than 10% and I have always PIF after letting balance post.  My 61 day mark is tomorrow and I am hoping for 3xl but am worried about the excessive number of SPs.  Is there a reason for this?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tons of AMEX Soft Pulls

An interesting side-note: I signed up with Experian and get daily updated credit reports. The day I started receiving daily updated reports coincides with the daily SP inquiries from AMEX. Maybe that has something to do with it??
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm no expert but I'm almost 100% that soft pulls will not result in a negaitve credit reporting to your credit. How are you even able to see this? I have experian and Amex too. But I've never seen a soft pull on experian.com

Message 3 of 11
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Not particularly. If you consider that any company must pay to access a report that means that the fact that they are using SP's means that they are not messing with your score but are interested in you. Think of it as a kiss before the real fun happens. You can never have too many SP's. Be concerned only when you get HP's added.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
An interesting side-note: I signed up with Experian and get daily updated credit reports. The day I started receiving daily updated reports coincides with the daily SP inquiries from AMEX. Maybe that has something to do with it??

I'm curious to know which Experian service you are using that lets you see soft pulls.  I've been a subscriber to Experian CreditWorks Premium for over a year and I've never seen soft pulls on the daily credit reports; only hard pulls are listed with the dates they occurred.  As far as I'm aware, the only way to see soft pulls on Experian is to order a hard copy of your credit report from annualcreditreport.com.

I agree with the other posters; soft pulls are nothing to worry about.

Message 5 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity can pipe in on this one too

Message 6 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Meh for some reason I get sp'ed by amex about every 5-10 days sometimes more even when I am not opening new accounts and I put 2-3k spend through their cards a month.. Not really sure why so many as Experian score is getting pretty solid where-as some people don't see their scores updated or sp's from Amex only on a monthly basis.  I do have alot of exposure with amex though approx. 70k so maybe some of their logic to sp'ing me so much.  Whatever as been happening for years and suspect it will continue with no adverse things happening.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

SP should have no impact on your CR looks like AMEX maybe gearing up to give you a ton of offers login and check Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

necro thread time

I burned AMEX close to 10 years ago. I don't have a card with them

Lately (the last 6-8 months) they have started pulling my reports every week. Whats weird is that its 3 different AMEX divisions (3 different addresses).

El Paso TX, Phoenix AZ, Salt Lake City UT

My scores are problaby still too low for them. Do they reach out to people who have burned them?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

necro thread time

I burned AMEX close to 10 years ago. I don't have a card with them

Lately (the last 6-8 months) they have started pulling my reports every week. Whats weird is that its 3 different AMEX divisions (3 different addresses).

El Paso TX, Phoenix AZ, Salt Lake City UT

My scores are problaby still too low for them. Do they reach out to people who have burned them?

In my experience they do. I settled for less than the full amount in 2017. Is that considered a, "burn"?

Anyway, last month, per this board, I checked their pre-qual page and had offers. Applied and approved. Woot! The humorous (and possibly poignant) part is, in the mail the next day (so already in flight) was a *better* offer than the one I applied for. Doh!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.