Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Too many consumer finance company accounts

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It’s 99% the Honda loan. 

Honda and Toyota are both known to code as CFAs because they will try to get anyone qualified for financing to try to get them in a vehicle. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Consumer-Finance-Account-Question/m-p/5289044/highlight/true#M263049

Is this just invisible?

its the Honda loan. 

It's probably the Ally loans. They're much more likely to flag as a CFA than a Honda loan.

Ally is an FDIC insured bank, I would be very surprised if they coded as a CFA. Honda and Chrysler are legitimately finance companies that exist solely to get you behind the wheel of one of their vehicles. 

HSBC was the second largest bank in the world but many of their products coded as CFAs. Ally was renamed from GMAC (General Motors Acceptance Corporation), a finance company just like Honda's and Toyota's, and they were well known to target less than stellar credit. Those practices still continue to this day despite the polish they've put on. It's still the same bank.

Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It’s 99% the Honda loan. 

Honda and Toyota are both known to code as CFAs because they will try to get anyone qualified for financing to try to get them in a vehicle. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Consumer-Finance-Account-Question/m-p/5289044/highlight/true#M263049

Is this just invisible?

its the Honda loan. 

It's probably the Ally loans. They're much more likely to flag as a CFA than a Honda loan.

Ally is an FDIC insured bank, I would be very surprised if they coded as a CFA. Honda and Chrysler are legitimately finance companies that exist solely to get you behind the wheel of one of their vehicles. 

HSBC was the second largest bank in the world but many of their products coded as CFAs. Ally was renamed from GMAC (General Motors Acceptance Corporation), a finance company just like Honda's and Toyota's, and they were well known to target less than stellar credit. Those practices still continue to this day despite the polish they've put on. It's still the same bank.

Well I guess we will never know which account(s) caused it since it’s not something that you can get the CRAs to disclose. 

Message 32 of 38
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It’s 99% the Honda loan. 

Is this just invisible?

its the Honda loan. 

Well I guess we will never know which account(s) caused it since it’s not something that you can get the CRAs to disclose. 

Sure we can. OP can ask Ally to remove the reporting. If the CFA disappears, it was those. If it doesn't, it's one of the Honda loans. Since they have so many auto loans, removing the 2 Ally loans won't hurt them. But it's up to the OP if they want to roll the dice.

Message 33 of 38
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I believe it's FICO that slaps on the consumer finance label. That would mean that there's nothing that the CRAs would be able to disclose.

Message 34 of 38
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Unless I totally misunderstood RobertEG's point, it's based on how it's reported 

Post 7

Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

Unless I totally misunderstood RobertEG's point, it's based on how it's reported 

Post 7

That’s correct but it’s not consumer-facing. It doesn’t show up on reports you pull from the CRAs and they won’t disclose it over the phone either. 

I don’t know if you knew but there is actually a forum feature for sharing a specific post in a thread. It’s not really made very obvious. 

1482E58B-5FBC-4490-9374-348FB2D51C5A.jpeg

Permalink will take you right to the post and when you copy that link, it will send everyone else there instead of to the top of the thread or whatever their settings are for read/unread. 

Message 36 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It’s 99% the Honda loan. 

Is this just invisible?

its the Honda loan. 

Sure we can. OP can ask Ally to remove the reporting. If the CFA disappears, it was those. If it doesn't, it's one of the Honda loans. Since they have so many auto loans, removing the 2 Ally loans won't hurt them. But it's up to the OP if they want to roll the dice.

So your solution is to have OP weaken their overall file to have a chance to have a CFA removed? Regardless of what FICO thinks, which isn’t much since the point penalty is minimal, it’s better to have the history than to remove it to get rid of CFA coding. It’s also not that easy to get banks to take down accounts from credit reports so this option seems a bit ridiculous. 

Message 37 of 38
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It’s 99% the Honda loan. 

Is this just invisible?

its the Honda loan. 

Need to remove the invisibility cloak.

Push the red button !

Thinking of "Monsters vs Aliens"

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.