Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Accounts and Budget: Yodlee v Mint

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking Accounts and Budget: Yodlee v Mint

I've been looking for a better way to keep up with all my accounts now that I'm trying to 'rotate' using them.  The last thing I need/want is to foget I charged a $3 coffee on a card and get hit with late payment fees!

So, I've been exploring both Yodlee and Mint.  So far, it appears Mint is easier to use and more intuitive, but Yodlee has more features, such as BillPay and the ability to also link my student loan accounts.

Does anyone else either of these, and why do you like/dislike?

Thanks for any input!

Sovi
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: Tracking Accounts and Budget: Yodlee v Mint

@Anonymous wrote:
I've been looking for a better way to keep up with all my accounts now that I'm trying to 'rotate' using them. The last thing I need/want is to foget I charged a $3 coffee on a card and get hit with late payment fees!
So, I've been exploring both Yodlee and Mint. So far, it appears Mint is easier to use and more intuitive, but Yodlee has more features, such as BillPay and the ability to also link my student loan accounts.
Does anyone else either of these, and why do you like/dislike?
Thanks for any input!

Sovi

I'm not familiar with either, but I suggest you also check the website of your bank,
as most banks offer online banking nowadays with all sorts of features. You can get
electronic bills from many companies, you can set up reminders, you can set up
small automatic payments that are bigger than the minimum payment in case you
forget, etc., etc.

One feature I use a lot on my bank's website is the ability to schedule a payment
for a future date. When I come in the front door with the mail in my hand, if
there's a bill I place that bill on my keyboard. Right after dinner I schedule
a payment for a week before that bill is due, at which point I can stop thinking
about that bill.

Also convenient is the ability to download account activity in Quicken, Excel,
and other formats to be loaded into whatever tools one uses to track budgets,
taxes, and so forth.

And one more feature that helps make avoid forgetting any bills is a screen
listing every company I've set up for making electronic payments, which I can
sort in various ways: I like to sort it by date of my last payment to them;
if it's been over a month since I paid somebody then I call that company's
computer to find out how much to pay them and make an immediate payment.
One thing to remember if you're close to a due date: typically a payment triggered
from my bank website takes a couple of business days to be credited on the account
of the creditor, whereas a payment triggered by calling their number on the phone
gets credited right away. I do prefer to avoid making instant payments by phone
because most companies charge around 15 dollars for that service, whereas payments
made from my bank's website are free of charge, but a service charge is lots better
than a late fee.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tracking Accounts and Budget: Yodlee v Mint

I use MS Money-
It pulls the data right from yoodle or the banks website-

along with bill pay from my CU- also pulls statements in and reminders, 

Beween the DW and I 20 revolving accounts, 2 checking, 5 savings/money mkt, 2 IRA's, 1 investment, 1 auto, 1 mortgage and 1 SL all managed in MS Money.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.