cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion Increase then Decrease and then Increase of 100 points??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TransUnion Increase then Decrease and then Increase of 100 points??

So on Dec 2, I got a notice on CreditKarma, Quizzle, Credit Seasme that my Transunion score increased 101 points..which is great....however..I don't know why. I looked at all the reports and didn't see anything fall off my credit report, there was no huge payoff on a card or anything of that nature..it was strange. Then on Dec 09..I got a notice that my score decreased..101 points!! So again..I am searching trying to find out what is going on. Couldn't find nothing!! Then on Dec 19th I see the same increase..by the same number of points 101!! So..I have no idea what is going on. Has this ever happened to anybody? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TransUnion Increase then Decrease and then Increase of 100 points??

Credit Karma scores are not useful credit scores, they're scores for entertainment purposes only and may likely have no correlation to your FICO scores.  Banks and lenders use FICO scores, while Credit Karma provides a "score" that some big corporations were sued and fined millions of dollars over just this year for telling people they were useful scores.

If you care about your real credit, you should never care about Credit Karma.  Credit Karma is good for ONE thing: casual monitoring of your credit REPORTS, not SCORES.

Please pull your FICO 8 "real" credit scores wherever you have access, or pay $1 for CCT trial and then cancel the trial.  CCT = creditchecktotal.com - you can pay $1 for your real 3 FICO8 scores, but make sure to call and cancel the trial right away after.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same exact thing happened to me, except mine was a different amount like 43 points or something. Nothing at all changed to cause it at the time that it happened. Then, just as mysteriously as it went up, it went back down. Happened with my Vantage 3.0 score in general because it wasn't only Credit Karma, but my Wallethub score did the same thing. Not sure why. I didn't get to see if my Fico score did the same thing.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My CK scores have not gone wild, but this past month my CK approval odds for credit cards have. In fact, one day CK had an Excellent approval odd for a CC that I know for an almost absolute fact that I have zero chance of getting an approval on. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.