cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion Online Credit Dispute - locked out or successful?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TransUnion Online Credit Dispute - locked out or successful?

I'm very new to getting a hold of my credit and actively paying attention to it. I had some late payments that I wanted to dispute from students loans that I defaulted on and have since rehabilitated (after reading more, I realize I probably should've gone the GW letter route). After making the disputes, I got no correspondence from TransUnion and cannot log in to the dispute center (it says my account time has expired). From what I've read, shouldn't I have received some sort of communication from them, even just letting me know that they received my dispute and will be looking into it?

Then, a couple days ago, I got an email from Nelnet (who currently has my loans) saying something along the lines of "it's their responsibility to ensure accurate information is reported and that they have found, and corrected, some late fee charges." I got really excited, because I figured, "Hey, the dispute must've worked!" However, I still haven't heard anything from TransUnion, still can't log in to see any sort of results, and the Nelnet email was talking about late FEES. I want the late payments taken off because that's a big thing holding my credit score down.

I don't even really know what I'm asking in this post. I guess I just want to share the situation in case anyone has any insight at all, as to whether my dispute didn't go through correctly, they're probably still working on it, it's likely been successful based on the email, etc. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TransUnion Online Credit Dispute - locked out or successful?

I suggest going over to the student loan section and read and ask some questions also the search bar is your friend. Dv

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.