Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring info between credit bureaus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transferring info between credit bureaus

Hello,

I want to apply to a CC at my local Credit Union. Only problem : they apparently only report to Experian. Talked to a CSR over the phone who told me that Experian would still transfer the info to Eq and TU, so the account would still appear for those two. I am never heard of something like that and wanted to make sure that if would actually be possible. I really want this card to appear on all of my credit reports ad not just Experian

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Re: Transferring info between credit bureaus

I'm not sure how accurate that is. Many of us have accounts on one CB that are not present on one or both of the others.
BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 6
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

You were not told the truth. Credit bureaus generally don't share information with each other. They sure won't report a single account update 1x per month for you. If your CU is only going to report to EX that's all you're going to get UNLESS your CU decides to start reporting to more bureaus. This is why your 3 major bureau reports are different.

Message 3 of 6
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

Agree with the above. I have one account (Affirm - now closed) that only reports to Experian.

I am glad of that fact, since it hits my score for 10 points against the other bureaus since it codes as a CFA.

NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

No, CRAs dont share information except for very specific situations, such as fraud alerts.

A CRA cannot, based on several federal laws, incuding the FCRA and the privacy act, provide individual account information provided to them to other parties except for the explicitly enumerated permissible purposes set forth within FCRA 604.

A CRA does not have any stated permissible purpose to provide reports on consumer files to other CRAs under any provision of FCRA 604.

FCRA 604(a) reads as follows:

"In general. Subject to subsection (c), any consumer reporting agency may furnish a consumer report under the following circumstances and no other: .... "

Message 5 of 6
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

They don't share info 

My HSBC cards only report to EX and EQ, so they're invisible to my TU report

My Deserve card only reports to TU and EX, so they're invisible to my EQ report

I'd recommend applying somewhere else, especially discover. 3 of my friends just got approved for Discover It Student without any history with CL of 1250 - 1750.

Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.