tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Translating the common CA.

" Hello, is Mr. Jones available?"
Translation: " Where's that deadbeat debtor hiding?"

"Is this his wife?"
"Are you the stupid idiot that married this loser?"

"I'm calling on behalf of Jerk,Jerk and Jerk Associates regarding a past due bill."
"I'm a self-rightous moron who enjoys dunning people for money."

"I need to know when Mr. Jones is going to take care of this debt."
" Am I scaring you yet?"

"If I don't recieve payment by 5 pm today, I'm going to have to refer this debt to our legal department."
"We don't have a legal department. I just enjoy acting like we do."

"Thank you for your time, Mrs. Jones."
"I'll call back in five minutes and go through all this again."

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Translating the common CA.

LOLOL! Good one Tex! Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

PURTY DARN FUNNY TEX!!Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 5
msensa
Contributor

Good one!

Back in our younger years, we had a small pl with Fidelity Finance.  This collector was such an ass...we got into a screaming match on Christmas Eve, he called me a loser...he really harassed us, and had I known then what I know now he would NEVER had gotten away with it.

Fast forward another mind numbing few years, and there I am, taking calls from yet another collector.  At the time, we had made what we thought was a wonderful decision and bought a mobile home.  Yeah, right.  When the payments got late (just by as little as 2 days in most cases) this screaming lunatic would call me.  It was like collecting this money was her life, man!  She would try to demand Western Union payments...at first I complied.  Then came the day I just couldn't give her the answer she wanted.  When the witch told me to go outside and look to see if the wheels were still on my trailer (she said she needed to let the repo man know) I finally had enough. 

I've even had collectors calling my PARENTS, whom I hadn't lived with and try not to speak to very often for 20 years...telling my parents they didn't teach me how to pay my bills!!

If laws were then what they are now none of this could have happened.  And now that I'm so much more "in the know" it never will to me again!

Message Edited by msensa on 03-27-2008 10:52 AM
I'm a tree hugging, peace loving, non-patchouli wearing new kind of hippie chick trying to find a comfortable balance in this consumer-driven world. I just wish I didn't have to care about credit.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh - I've heard it all:
*Are you retarded? - Gas card bill that was due the day before.

*Try peddling that to someone that's buying - Reply when I informed collector that was threatening to sue that debt was waaaaay past SOL

*Hello?Hello?Hello? Do you have some kinda hearing problem? I WANT MY MONEY NOW! - One of my co-workers at a major auto finance company to a customer 8 days late on one payment...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.