Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion Score Down by 12 points

tag
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Transunion Score Down by 12 points

Yesterday I went on Credit Karma and noticed my score what Down by 12 points .Im wondering why ? I do have onebaddie which is a school bill but it had dropped my score before that Also I only have 2 recent inquiries which they used the Same inquiry for QVC AND GAP . MYCAR loan has been payed off since May 12 . I'm not sure what else it could be I am aware I carry high Balances on my Major cards which I am working Down slowly but surely My utilization is at 20%. Could be better. My Equifax jumped up 10 pts though STRANGE. ? I anxious to see what is going to happen in July with the credit score changes
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Re: Transunion Score Down by 12 points

I'd bet a drop could be due to you paying off that car loan. Although ck gives you a Vantage 3.0 (aka FAKO) score, AFAIK most of the models penalize us for not having an open installment loan. It's common to hear complaints of score drops after paying off car loans.  Sounds like you're heading in the right direction. Any effect from inquiries will diminish in a few months, and there'll be none after a year.

Message 2 of 5
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Does your score go back up with time after the car loan appears on it I have quite a bit of inquiries falling off and the end of this year as well I don't intend on getting any car loans for a while I like the feeling of not having to pay a carnote 😊
Message 3 of 5
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Don't worry about the scores CK provides. They are Vantage 3 and very volatile.
Message 4 of 5
DollyLama
Established Contributor

In my journey for better numbers, TU goes against all bankcard balances. My first payoff on a CC yielded 14 and 12 pts on EX and EQ, TU gave me 4. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.