Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion & Equifax updated but Experian hasn't

tag
littlebird
Valued Member

Transunion & Equifax updated but Experian hasn't

I've been working on my credit score for 10 years. I had a lot of medical debt years and years ago and although it was all cleared off my reports, my score remained at highest 681. The only negative item on my reports was a 60 day late payment in Dec 2014 which is when my brother died tragically. I decided to call the credit card company (barclays) and ask if they'd be willing to remove it in exchange for me signing up for automated payments (I have a zero balance). Amazingly, they agreed and removed it from all 3 bureaus. Yesterday I got an alert that my Transunion score skyrocketed 57 points and is now 729 and my Equifax went up 40 points to 711. Experian hasn't budged and is at 681. 

Both Transunion and Equifax say the score is based on date as of 9/22/16 but experian says based on data as of 9/2/2016. Is it just a matter of being patient? Does Experian typically take longer?

Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 9.09.50 AM.png

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transunion & Equinox updated but Experian hasn't

You will need to wait until a trigger event occurs with Experian for a score update.

Message 2 of 9
message_from_god
New Contributor

Wow.  Good work!  <3

PS If it's super important to you, you can run your Exp report on MF and it'll update.  Otherwise, I'll defer to those w more experience.  

@littlebird wrote:

I've been working on my credit score for 10 years. I had a lot of medical debt years and years ago and although it was all cleared off my reports, my score remained at highest 681. The only negative item on my reports was a 60 day late payment in Dec 2014 which is when my brother died tragically. I decided to call the credit card company (barclays) and ask if they'd be willing to remove it in exchange for me signing up for automated payments (I have a zero balance). Amazingly, they agreed and removed it from all 3 bureaus. Yesterday I got an alert that my Transunion score skyrocketed 57 points and is now 729 and my Equifax went up 40 points to 711. Experian hasn't budged and is at 681. 

Both Transunion and Equifax say the score is based on date as of 9/22/16 but experian says based on data as of 9/2/2016. Is it just a matter of being patient? Does Experian typically take longer?

Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 9.09.50 AM.png

Progress FICO8 since summer 2015 Eq 763 (+171) TU 798 (+189) Ex 761 (+259)
Message 3 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

If you don't have a busy file EX can go stretches unfortunately without updating.  You can pull a 1B report and refresh it as someone suggested, unless you care about the other scores besides FICO 8 I wouldn't bother though.

When a balance / tradeline updates on EQ even by a small amount you can pretty much get a trigger; TU has some sanity checking in there where if you get an untracked score shift they will occasionally just update gratis... EX though is probably the worst in that you need larger changes to trigger it or MF to do one of their now sporadic pulls to try to improve the service regarding EX specifically.

Deletions and negative information falling off unfortunately aren't well tracked: the monitoring solutions were originally OEM from the bureaus (think they still are actually mostly) and they were written for the banks who cared when new information got added but didn't care when current information got whacked whereas we as consumers would really like to have both.  I expect this will get better over time but it's still a work in progress.

That's a serious win though getting a 60 day late removed like that, congratulations!

        
Message 4 of 9
littlebird
Valued Member

So I decided to pay the $1 for the Experian score on Experian's own site and see my score with them is 724 which means it's a problem with MyFico. I asked them for a refund but they say they never give refunds. And now I remember why I don't use them because last time I tried to cancel my account they made me do it in writing via snail mail and it took weeks. Such a scam. 

Message 5 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@littlebird wrote:

So I decided to pay the $1 for the Experian score on Experian's own site and see my score with them is 724 which means it's a problem with MyFico. I asked them for a refund but they say they never give refunds. And now I remember why I don't use them because last time I tried to cancel my account they made me do it in writing via snail mail and it took weeks. Such a scam. 

1. I think you mean Equifax, not Equinox.

2. It just takes a couple of days for the Experian score to be reflected on MyFICO; it's not a scam, and it's not a huge delay.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 9
littlebird
Valued Member

Re: Transunion & Equifax updated but Experian hasn't

That would be autocorrect on my computer changing it to equinox, not me. Apologies. 

It's been over a week now and the score hasn't updated. And I do think it's a scam when you make it hard for a customer to cancel. The only purpose of making it so difficult is to try and earn more money and take advantage of the consumer. I know this because I run an online business and we are fully transparent. There is absolutely no reason NOT to make it easy unless other than that.

There are numerous complaints on this forum about scores not updating. It's a very expensive product so it seems fair to expect it to be accurate. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transunion & Equifax updated but Experian hasn't

I have the daily product from Experian now. My score can change 4 times and not reflect a change on myfico over the course of several weeks. It's frustrating.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@littlebird wrote:

Again, a score only updates when there is a trigger event. Oh, and you wasted a dollar. You can get your EX score for free through creditscorecard.com.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.