cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion deleted my perfectly paid account..I need your help

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Transunion deleted my perfectly paid account..I need your help

i'm so angry I don't know where to begin. I had a auto account that hadn't updated since last Sept. I paid the account off in April and waited for it to update. I called the company I had the auto loan with and she told me she would update it but I should dispute it to make sure it gets updated. I did this and after 30 days the account dropped off my TU. I just wanted it updated not totally deleted. I called TU and they told me by law they can't add it back and said I should call the finance company to update. I did and the lady was even more confused which told me she didn't know the process. I really need your help. I need this account to start reporting again.

Starting Score: 721
Current Score: 799
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Epic Contributor

Re: Transunion deleted my perfectly paid account..I need your help

That is why you don't dispute. It can cause problems. Contact the manager at the finance company and see if he/she knows what to do.

Message 2 of 5

I wish they delete one of my account!!! I think TU delete easy. if they dont reply in 30 days of a dispute

Starting Score: 513
Current Score: 575
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

That is why you don't dispute. It can cause problems. Contact the manager at the finance company and see if he/she knows what to do.

+1

The Law of Unintended Consequences.

As Guiness said, find someone at the finance company who actually knows what they are doing and ask them to resume reporting the tradeline ...

Message 4 of 5
Legendary Contributor

I doubt the the CRA is the culprit here.  CRAs dont take it upon themselves to delete accounts until they have been closed for approximately 10 years, in order to ensure that all credit reporting issues have long expired.

If an open account was deleted from your CR, it most probably occured because the OC posted an account deletion code with the CRA.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.