Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion score and FICO score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion score and FICO score

Hi. I am fairly new to credit and have a capital one card. I opened a transunion account to check my credit report. For the first month it showed that I didn't have a score. On the second month it said I was at 665. Now it says I'm at 675. Now, I tried buying a report from myfico.com and it said I had to call to verify my identity to get a report from experian. So I called and the woman said they couldn't verify due to the fact that I have no history. How long does it take for my FICO score to show up? And the transunion score I'm seeing is useless since it's not a FICO score. Can anyone shed some insight here?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transunion score and FICO score

Go to TransUnion again and see what score it is -- they will tell you.  It's probably a Vantage Score 3 which is definitely a useless entertainment credit score.

You need 6 months of credit history to get a FICO score.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU says I'm at 675. So after six months, will my FICO score around the same as my Vantage Score?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vantage Score isn't a score useful for credit purposes.  It's an "entertainment score" that I personally wouldn't pay for -- you can get the same useless score for EQ and TU at CreditKarma.com but it won't tell you what your FICO is.

Here is a comparison of my FICO8 and my VantageScore 3 with TU over the past 8 months or so.  See how widely different they are?  No connection to reality.

vantage-vs-fico8-december.png

As you can see, the blue line is my FICO8 with TransUnion.  The red line is my Vantage Score 3.  The FICO8 is a score that MANY banks use for lending purposes, but the Vantage Score isn't even close to the useful FICO8 score.

You can get a free Experian FICO8 at creditscorecard.com but I wouldn't sign up until you know your reports all updated for the month.  You can also get a free Experian FICO8 score at creditscore.com -- I would sign up for one of these after all your reports update, then sign up for the other one 2 weeks later, so you get a free EX FICO8 twice a month!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get my FICO TU from the TU website?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no idea.  Maybe they don't provide one?

You can get all 3 FICO8 scores from CreditCheckTotal.com with their $1 free trial.  After pulling your 3B and getting your FICO8s, call and cancel the free trial immediately.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for all of your help.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.