cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to pull EQ on their site - info not matching?

tag
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Tried to pull EQ on their site - info not matching?

Damn, with the other issues going on, I just tried to pull my EQ from their site and I got a 'Information not matching our records.  Please Fax your dispute.'

I've never had a problem with info not matching any of the CRA's. 

My info hasn't changed.  Addy has been the same for 5 yrs.  DOB and SS hasn't changed either. lol.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Re: Tried to pull EQ on their site - info not matching?

That was interesting.  Just got off the phone with EQ.  They did not have my birthday on file.  How the hell does that happen after all these years and with creditors pulling my reports?

Anyway, she proceeded to try and sell me their product.  She was relentless.  She also told me that everytime that I check or pull report from myFICO, that it is a HP and it is hurting my score.  I told her that I knew for a fact that is not the case.  I told her I have 9 INQ's and commenced to rattling them off.  She still disagreed and told me CK or myFICO results in HP's and are damaging my score. 

Is it national idiot week for CS this week?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That error message comes up often.  Happens to me about 1/4 of the times I try.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That error message comes up often.  Happens to me about 1/4 of the times I try.

Agreed.  Equifax is worthless.

Message 4 of 8
scorewatcher7
Valued Member

Ridiculous about the HP bs on myfico. If that were the case, my score would be below 400. Also, every credit card offering your score would have same negative effect. I can't say that they're idiots, but I can say your experience was idiotic....
Message 5 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@scorewatcher7 wrote:
Ridiculous about the HP bs on myfico. If that were the case, my score would be below 400. Also, every credit card offering your score would have same negative effect. I can't say that they're idiots, but I can say your experience was idiotic....

Upsell upsell upsell!

Dun and Bradstreet does similarly on the business side as another credit-related example.

        
Message 6 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That error message comes up often.

My experience is the same.  Seems to be as well for others:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=equifax%20verify%20identity%20site%3Aficoforums.myfico.com&es_th=1

Message 7 of 8
racer-x
Valued Contributor

takeishi - Damn.  I actually feel better now.  It's just not me.

But EQ did tell me that they did not have my DOB on file?  Would that not have been required for all my lenders to pull my report over the years?

BTW, after she supposedly entered my DOB into the system, my info 'still can't be matched' with their info.  Oh well.  Was just trying to see SP's.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.