Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble getting credit report and disputing things

tag
ordnance1987
Regular Contributor

Trouble getting credit report and disputing things

I tried to dispute things with equifax and could not get verified answering the questions. None of the credit lines they were asking about had anything to do with me. I also tried to pull my credit report from annualcreditreport.com and they said I could not get my credit report online. Is there anything else I can do? I tried calling them but can't get a live person.

Chapter 7 Discharged Aug 2014
Starting Score: EQ 587, TU 567, EX 612
Current Score: EQ 643, TU 627, EX 657
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
approvedbyme
Valued Member

Re: Trouble getting credit report and disputing things

You may have to write a letter and verify your identiy via mail. i.e copies of DL SSC. as well as request your free copies through each CRA.

Filed Ch.7 6/3/2014 Meeting of Creditors 7/8/2014
Discharge date:9/15/2014 Credit Scores Currently as of 9/24/2014
Experian 655
Eqifax:664
Transunion: 664 all lender pulled Oct. 2014

Message 2 of 5
noobafterbk
Contributor

Equifax problems. Unfortunately Equifax has been the worst CRA to deal with. Their system is proof that FICO scoring is an innacuarate methodology. So I discharged six months ago. I have sent them thee certified letters requesting changes pre and post BK discharge. They updated 50% of my report correctly to show IIB. Then the following month actually changed it back to reflect Closed/Collection accounts as newly reported accounts!!!!.(all accounts were included and discharged in BK and letters sent to prove!!)

I have now gone round three times with them to resolve this. They blame the original debtor HSBC and Cap1 but the accounts in question are nearly eight years old and neither company can find any record of them in their system. Union and Exp have both reported correctly from the first letter, my scores have improved and credit is easier to get (recent 1300 Barclaycard!!!) however Equifax still cannot get their S**T together. I have even sent them copies of the other reports to show correctly!!!!

Whats most annoying is that Equifax continually wants me to sign up for its monitoring service at every contact, emails etc etc Why would I pay to see an INCORRECT REPORT!!!!!!!

Equifax is proof that the system is broken and other than hiring a lawyer to try and resolve issues that are protected under Federal Law I continue to suffer in my rebuild becuase of one monopolies control on information and its misuse.

Message 3 of 5
ordnance1987
Regular Contributor

I called a number I found online and got in contact with someone from equifax, they did mail me my CR by regular mail. They also tried to make me sign up for their credit monitoring service. It felt like I was dealing with a car salesman, they wouldn't let me hang up until I told them I had no money to be spending on frivolous things.

Chapter 7 Discharged Aug 2014
Starting Score: EQ 587, TU 567, EX 612
Current Score: EQ 643, TU 627, EX 657
Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@ordnance1987 wrote:

None of the credit lines they were asking about had anything to do with me.

None of the above is a valid answer to the validation questions.  However if you provide that answer and still can't get access then there may be incorrect information on your report.  The site should have provided alternate contact information for obtaining your report.  For some reason EQ does seem to be the worst of the 3 about this sort of thing.  Good luck with it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.