Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turss/Transunion inquiry I don't recognize

tag
Nyru
Valued Member

Turss/Transunion inquiry I don't recognize

Hello everyone,

So I checked on my TU report today which actually went up 24 points in the last 2 weeks, however there is an inquiry from April 3rd that reads: Turss/Transunion. I have a suspicion of where this may have come from, but if it is, then I didn't authorize it.

A week or two ago I called up AMEX Blue requesting a CLI, but I made sure to ask if it's a HP. They said no. If it wasn't AMEX, then I don't know what that inquiry is, and it's my 4th inquiry, and I've been in the Garden trying to stay away from inquiries Smiley Sad

How do I go about disputing that? Should I call AMEX first?

Starting Score (2/15/13): EX (fako) 583// EQ FICO 634// TU FICO 658
Current Score (5/27/14): EX FICO 719// EQ FICO 742// TU FICO 729
Goal Scores: 740 on all.
CSP- 10K, United mileage explorer- 9k, Freedom- 5k, Barclays Arrival+ W.E.- 5k, Nordstrom- 6k, Chase Hyatt- 5k, Discover it- 5k, Slate- 4.5k, Amex Blue Cash- 1k.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Nyru
Valued Member

Re: Turss/Transunion inquiry I don't recognize

Update: I called AMEX, they said that was a SP and that it shouldn't effect my CS. Should I dispute it on TU website?

CSP- 10K, United mileage explorer- 9k, Freedom- 5k, Barclays Arrival+ W.E.- 5k, Nordstrom- 6k, Chase Hyatt- 5k, Discover it- 5k, Slate- 4.5k, Amex Blue Cash- 1k.
Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No, it's a PP.  They were checking your credit for a CLI.  It doesn't hurt your score.

Message 3 of 5
Nyru
Valued Member

So, apparently my leasing company for my new apartment pulled it. I honestly don't remember authorizing them to do a HP. I'll recheck the paper work.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If a credit inquiry is for one of the permissible purposes listed under FCRA 604, no express authorization is needed from the consumer unless it relates to employment.

The entire purpose of section 604 is to avoid the need for express consumer approval if for one of the listed purposes.

A business transaction that is initiated by the consumer that has a legitimate business need to see information in your credit report is a permissible purpose under FCRA 604(a)(3(F).  It can be reported as an inquiry that can be included in an and viewed by others who obtain your credit report (i.e., a so-called hard inquiry).

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.