Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuscani, Sallie Mae, and Higher Education Act

tag
FICOnater2007
New Contributor

Tuscani, Sallie Mae, and Higher Education Act

Hello all (particularly Tuscani),

I did a search for Sallie Mae and found a thread where Tuscani got some lates removed by these clowns despite the "Higher Education Act".  However, he had some "forebearance" thing going on and thus had a mitigating circumstance.

Has ANYONE else had any luck getting lates removed from these guys? And what is the gist of the Higher Education Act...must mean the "school of hard knocks" if you have any lates!Smiley Very Happy

My wife has one (1) 90-day late in August of 2004...funny it shows ALL other payments before and after as being on time.  It would be nice if they would cut us a break, but I made a GW call already and got the brush off...perhaps now a GW letter?

Thanks in advance for info,

FICOnater2007

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tuscani, Sallie Mae, and Higher Education Act

Just sent SallieMae/USA Funds a gw fax on Thursday the loans have been consolidated asking them to remove lates from my report..Havent heard anything back yet...Good luck to you...
Message 2 of 5
FICOnater2007
New Contributor

Hi Bren,

In fact my wife consolidated her loans several years ago.  However at the time they were broken down into 4-5 separate loans so the "lates" for that month equal FIVE lates against the FICO score.

Still, good luck with your GW letter.  I may try a hardcopy letter as well.

FICOnater2007
Message 3 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

All you can do is ask. Remember, my late was inaccurate and it still took me a couple years to get it removed. Persistence was my only ally.
Message 4 of 5
FICOnater2007
New Contributor

Thanks for your help.

Have a good one!

FICOnater2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.