cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuscani, are you employed by Orchard Bank?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani, are you employed by Orchard Bank?

Or have you ever had a card with them?  If so, then it's obvious that you had a different experience with them than I did.

If not, your continued support for the company makes it appear as though you are just posting to disagree for disagreement's sake. 

Not all cards are the same, even sub-prime.  So unless you're speaking from experience, to say or imply "they're all the same" is a bit disingenious.   If you haven't had experience with the company, your comments have little substance now do they?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Tuscani, are you employed by Orchard Bank?

@Anonymous wrote:
Or have you ever had a card with them? If so, then it's obvious that you had a different experience with them than I did.
If not, your continued support for the company makes it appear as though you are just posting to disagree for disagreement's sake.
Not all cards are the same, even sub-prime. So unless you're speaking from experience, to say or imply "they're all the same" is a bit disingenious. If you haven't had experience with the company, your comments have little substance now do they?

I had an Orchard card right out of BK a few years ago that I cancelled like an idiot. Decent 3K limit too. Never did me wrong. Reported credit limits. Sorry you have had a bad experience.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had good experience with an Orchard Card. Lot of CIC posters report good experience with Orchard.
Message 3 of 13
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

ALEXREDD wrote:
Or have you ever had a card with them?  If so, then it's obvious that you had a different experience with them than I did.

Not all cards are the same, even sub-prime.  So unless you're speaking from experience, to say or imply "they're all the same" is a bit disingenious.   If you haven't had experience with the company, your comments have little substance now do they?

I am CEO, I thought you knew?

Seriously though... Yes I am speaking from experience. I have an Orchard card (several HSBC cards in fact) and know many others who have it as well. Like I said, you don't need to submit several threads that all say the same thing.. You have made your opinion clear. It is not your job nor is this the place to bastardrize their name. Plus, you have yet to make an argument that singles out Orchard. Do you think other cards don't rate jack or have horrible customer service? If you are unhappy with Orchard pay it off, close it, and move on.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny you should mention rate jacking Tuscani. I went actively searching for a new card when Capital One sent me a notice that their 14.9% rate would be going up to 19.9%. They did give me I think 60 days notice, but that's OK, thats when I started paying down my balance (gone now) and started looking for a new card. Got an Orchard Bank (HSBC) MasterCard with a 13.9% rate and now have two more HSBC cards (Discover and Visa) on the way. Until they screw me over, I will deal with them and when they get greedy like Cap One, I will drop them just as quick.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't done all the reading, but is Orchard a secured card?  I had a HSB card a few years ago but closed it...just curious, maybe I need to have more credit cards?

I have (2) always paid on time and more than minimum...Thanks!
Message 6 of 13
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I haven't done all the reading, but is Orchard a secured card? I had a HSB card a few years ago but closed it...just curious, maybe I need to have more credit cards?
I have (2) always paid on time and more than minimum...Thanks!

I had an unsecured Orchard card
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What did you think of it?  Do you still have it?
Message 8 of 13
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What did you think of it? Do you still have it?

Alex I wish I still had the card. Before I realized recently that closing accounts in good standing would hurt my account history I closed a number of credit cards. My score would probably be considerably higher today had I kept them. I never had a problem with them but to be fair to you it has been awhile. These new laws are allowing the sharks to do as they may. They're not the only ones doing it. I think it stinks but I got the point. Nothing personal.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an Orchard bank card and for the past 4 years, I've never had a problem with them. On the contrary, they've been very good to me. They were the ones who helped me build my credit. I've never had to pay interest because I always pay off my balance at the end of each month. My initial CL was $300; now my CL is $3500Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.