cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two inquiries removed, one of them valid; will this be problematic?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two inquiries removed, one of them valid; will this be problematic?

A few months ago, I applied for a Citi card. Two different Citi entities, each with a different PO Box address, pulled my Experian report. I sent Citi a letter asking to remove one of them, and they ended up removing both. I understand that removing valid inquiries can turn into an issue in certain circumstances. What should I do now? Contact Citi to restore the HP? Contact Experian and "dispute" the loss of an inquiry? Or save a hard copy of an earlier report with the inquiry just in case, shrug my shoulders and not think about it? Thanks, all.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two inquiries removed, one of them valid; will this be problematic?

@Anonymouswrote:

A few months ago, I applied for a Citi card. Two different Citi entities, each with a different PO Box address, pulled my Experian report. I sent Citi a letter asking to remove one of them, and they ended up removing both. I understand that removing valid inquiries can turn into an issue in certain circumstances. What should I do now? Contact Citi to restore the HP? Contact Experian and "dispute" the loss of an inquiry? Or save a hard copy of an earlier report with the inquiry just in case, shrug my shoulders and not think about it? Thanks, all.

The last one.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.