Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS stores now USAA deposit branches.

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

UPS stores now USAA deposit branches.

We talked before about how hard it was to get money into an USAA account; look what they have now!  This is from the USAA website:

USAA Easy Deposit is an easy way for all members to deposit a check into your USAA Bank checking or savings account at more than 2,000 The UPS Store® locations across the U.S.

With USAA Easy Deposit, you only need your USAA ATM/debit card and your endorsed check to make a secure deposit. You don't even need to provide personal information like your account number, PIN or even a deposit slip. Here's how it works at pre-identified The UPS Store locations:

• Give your endorsed check to The UPS Store associate, who will swipe your ATM card and scan your check for you.
  • Confirm the deposit amount and The UPS Store associate will scan your check.
  • Your deposit receipt will be printed on the back of your check, which will then be returned to you.
  • Your account will be credited instantly.1
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
veracious
Established Contributor

Re: UPS stores now USAA deposit branches.

Hi, p-   I noticed you posted that the new feature is available to all members.

Does that include limited members or full members only?

When I logged in I didn't see a notice anywhere about this new feature.

As a limited member, perhaps it's not offered to us.

This feature would work for a personal check as well?

If so, nice!!

drkaje
Senior Contributor

I ended up taking the card. We have no UPS stores in the area so it was justifiable (in my mind) to break out of gardening mode and burn an inquiry. It hasn't shown up yet but I'm giddy about depositing a check through the iPhone, LOL!

Can UPS stores can deposit cash?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I've read on USAA's Facebook page, folks are not too thrilled with the UPS store deposits because they sometimes take from 3 to 10 days to post to your account.  According to what people post on the Facebook page, the ONLY really quick deposits that are quick every time are the ones that are transacted through one of the USAA Financial Centers that are located throughout the US. The deposits made there appear in your account right away, no waiting 24 hours or longer.  The closest one to us is several hours away in San Diego. Smiley Sad   You can check for the one nearest you by clicking here

I am anxious to hear how the iPhone application works. Please let us know drkaje -- hopefully, it is instantaneous.

Message 4 of 11
drkaje
Senior Contributor

^ Soon as it's here (activated) I'll make a test deposit, see how long until funds are available, and report back to this thread. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
babbles
Established Contributor

I use USAA's deposit at home religiosuly!  Absolute great service!  NFCU's deposit at home sucks bad!!  NFCU has gone down hill as of late though....

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried using the i-phone app and was unable too.  Aprantly you have to have a checking account and a credit card with USAA. I'm a full member but do not have a credit card with USAA. I only have a checking account and insurance. 

Message 7 of 11
p-
Valued Contributor

@veracious wrote:

Hi, p-   I noticed you posted that the new feature is available to all members.

Does that include limited members or full members only?

When I logged in I didn't see a notice anywhere about this new feature.

As a limited member, perhaps it's not offered to us.

This feature would work for a personal check as well?

If so, nice!!

As far as I know it is.  A survey about deposits popped up on the right hand side of their site, and when I clicked it I got the message I posted.  I haven't really tried it yet; I manage my stuff thorugh transfers from a big bank checking account.  

Message 8 of 11
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Funds were immediately available.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drkaje wrote:

Funds were immediately available.

Awesome!!!  I love it when something just works, no muss no fuss, it just works.  Thank you for this good report. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.