Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Not eligible for Military Designation & Follow-up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Not eligible for Military Designation & Follow-up

Checked my early morning commo to find I was no longer eligible for my Military Designation with US Bank and it was being removed during February 2023.

After picking up my jaw up off the computer keyboard, I called US Bank and said what do I need to prove my status? The CSR stated they were given no explanation (by management) but forthwith, I would be receiving and apology for the error! Smiley Surprised

Told her my state found my military status to be in order (proof by documentation) and placed such on my driver's license. What did they need ...? Smiley Embarassed

Waiting on the apology? Smiley Frustrated

Just received an apology and to disregard the previous email. Note, I did call in and shared my thoughts on it and the US Bank Smartly program that seems more for people new to checking or rebuilding ... I mentioned that for the customers with a proven track record what was there for us? Did add big banks and Tiers on earning interest was almost a laugh. However, US Bank offers some good CDs when they are on special! Smiley Surprised

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank Not eligible for Military Designation & Follow-up

My understanding on that communication is that it stated "military group benefits were changing" but it went on to say something about the Smart Rewards program, not that military "designation" was being dropped. 

I'm sure it was certainly sent in error to a variety of legitimate military or military-qualified customers, so not sure if the mass communication was meant to be sent to only those customers who may not have been properly vetted. Then again, it's USB 🤷‍♂️  But, they did send out an error/apology communication email earlier today.

Message 2 of 8
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

@AnonymousRegarding US Bank CD rates you can do better elsewhere. If your interested click on the link below

https://www.depositaccounts.com/cd/ 

You will need to adjust the region to where you are.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AndySoCal wrote:

@AnonymousRegarding US Bank CD rates you can do better elsewhere. If your interested click on the link below

https://www.depositaccounts.com/cd/ 

You will need to adjust the region to where you are.

The system requires a customer to enter their zip code and automatically adjusts the region displaying the CD Rates for the area . US Bank has done the regional adustment as part of the process for as long as I can remember. Again, they have some very competitive rates on their Special CDs when they offer them.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar

Here is exactly what it said:

"We regularly conduct reviews to ensure that we are best meeting the needs of our customers. A recent review indicated that you no longer meet the requirements for the Military customer benefits. As a result, you’ll no longer have access to these benefits* on 02/11/2023."

Somebody goofed. It they had changed the Military Designation definition to read differently (don't want to start a My Fico write in so I will not give examples) but I am sure you know what I mean.

Further, I did modify the title and included a follow-up on the apology. Did talk with an actual person that said she had had several calls on the message.

No need to speculate ... went right to the horse's mouth.

Message 5 of 8
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous  I understand that about regional rate. In my area (Los Angeles)  US Bank has CD specials with rates starting  at 3.00% to 3.20%. My on line bank ( Discover) rates are at 4.00% to 4.25% and up for a year or more. There are a few banks with rates at 5% or higher for a year or more on Depositaccounts.com. Here is one such example.

https://www.myebanc.com/ 

The is another online bank that I have not investigated yet. Check the rates given for Online time deposits.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 6 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar

"We regularly conduct reviews to ensure that we are best meeting the needs of our customers. A recent review indicated that you no longer meet the requirements for the Military customer benefits. As a result, you’ll no longer have access to these benefits* on 02/11/2023."

Somebody goofed. It they had changed the Military Designation definition to read differently (don't want to start a My Fico write in so I will not give examples) but I am sure you know what I mean.

Further, I did modify the title and included a follow-up on the apology. Did talk with an actual person that said she had had several calls on the message.

@Anonymous - my communication was worded differently and did not state anything about military designation being removed from my specific profile. And, as stated in my prior reply, a follow up communication was sent.

So, what if they goofed? They fixed the error/miscommunication. I would imagine no one is perfect and errors occur from time to time. EOS 🤷‍♂️

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar

@Anonymous - my communication was worded differently and did not state anything about military designation being removed from my specific profile. And, as stated in my prior reply, a follow up communication was sent.

So, what if they goofed? They fixed the error/miscommunication. I would imagine no one is perfect and errors occur from time to time. EOS 🤷‍♂️

In reading my post I reported what took place. Also, reported I reviewed the matter with a CSR who was totally nice. Did not say the bank wasn't entitled to make mistakes. Did follow it with the fact they did send and update and apology. My experiences with this bank have been good and the CSRs have been good at answering my concerns.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.