Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank "Because you've earned it" Transunion Vantage 3.0 soft pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank "Because you've earned it" Transunion Vantage 3.0 soft pull

Has anyone tried to be approved for a US Bank Gold checking account for free by using the "Because You've Earned It" link which initiates a soft TU pull and qualifies based on Vantage 3.0 score? I've tried but never qualified, even with a 748 Vantage score. Any luck?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank "Because you've earned it" Transunion Vantage 3.0 soft pull

I've not tried this. Did you search for any possible threads on this? Strange a 748 score didn't do it for you.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Searched high and low to no avail...
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank gave me a Gold checking account free for opening a line of credit with them, Though my wife has direct deposit with them. That was a year ago, with fico scores for me around 640 , no income ( except my wifes ) they gave me a $7,000 Line of credit & the free gold checking account. *shrug*   I recently got an email from them about the 'because you've earned it...' rewards. I think one of them is .25% off a mortgage rate, though I'm looking at a 15 year loan so I don't think it would be the same, never even thought about using USBank for a mortgage as I don't believe theyre very flexible in their underwriting standards & we'll likely only be on the cusp of qualifying for conventional financing.

They flatly rejected a $9,000 auto-loan for me and my wife 6 months ago.

Message 4 of 10
Creditfan1234
Contributor

My wife qualifed for this program with an 785 Vantage score but the fine print is confusing. The banker we spoke with said that we should convert our account too the platinum because it is also free under the program not just the gold if you already have an account. I have been trying to do the research and have even called a couple times and no one at US Bank seems to know what I am talking about and I have them read the fine print and they said we should be good to go since we converted to the platinum. Anyone happen to know for sure?

"1. U.S. Bank Because You've Earned It™ Program – Eligibility is determined using the TransUnion®VantageScore™ 3.0 credit score. This score is for program eligibility purposes only and is not used by U.S. Bank to make credit decisions or cross-sell other products. To be eligible for full benefits, you must 1) be 18 years or older; 2) have a valid Social Security Number; 3) have a VantageScore 3.0 credit score that meets the eligibility threshold; and 4) be an account owner for a newly opened or existing U.S. Bank Gold or Platinum Checking Package. Upon becoming a full benefits member, all open Gold or Platinum Checking packages for which you are an account owner will automatically be enrolled in Because You've Earned It. If you do not meet all eligibility requirements, you may qualify for limited benefits if you are an account owner for a Gold or Platinum Checking Package with another account owner who met the requirements. You must be enrolled in Online or Mobile Banking to access the CreditView site and view your Because You've Earned It dashboard. Please refer to the full Because You've Earned It program agreement for more details."

-From usbank.com

Message 5 of 10
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

I've got BYEI, but have a free college checking account. The fee can also be waived for most checking accounts with a LOC from them as well if you don't qualify for the program.

Message 6 of 10
Creditfan1234
Contributor

Anyone else seem to know? Anyone i talk too at US Bank has no idea why it says both checking accounts in the small print. 

Message 7 of 10
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@Creditfan1234 wrote:

Anyone else seem to know? Anyone i talk too at US Bank has no idea why it says both checking accounts in the small print. 

As far as I can tell from the website, only the Gold is free w/ "Because You've Earned It". It looks like for the Platinum to be free, you need $25K in balances (loan or deposit), OR a relationship with US Trust (you have lots of money Smiley Happy.

https://www.usbank.com/bank-accounts/checking-accounts/because-youve-earned-it.aspx

"Because You’ve Earned It1 is our way of rewarding you with no monthly maintenance fees on a Gold® Checking Package."

I think if you have a Platinum Checking package, you can get some extra perks with the program, but not a fee waiver on the account :\

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 8 of 10
Creditfan1234
Contributor

Alright, after a couple months of misdirection and trial. We have come to the conclusion that the Gold Checking account is the only one that is free with this program and you just get the benefits of "Because you've earned it" with the platinum account, no fee waiver. I am not complaing the Gold checking isnt bad but there isn't many good benefits to this program other then your cards can be overnighted too you.

Message 9 of 10
Leonardc2
Valued Member

I live in Florida, so I got a cash plus signature visa card and then opened up a because you earned it checking account (gold)today.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.