Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA credit monitoring change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA credit monitoring change

Screenshot_20190919-203159_Drive.jpg

I got this email today from USAA. I wonder how the transition will work if you already have a free account with Experian. 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
satio
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA credit monitoring change

I am long standing USAA member....30+ years and counting.

Was this a credit score monitoring service offered by USAA that you were subscribed to on a paid basis that is now going to be served by Experian?

Or something that came to you as a benefit of having accounts with them?

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@satio wrote:

I am long standing USAA member....30+ years and counting.

Was this a credit score monitoring service offered by USAA that you were subscribed to on a paid basis that is now going to be served by Experian?

Or something that came to you as a benefit of having accounts with them?

No, it was a free service from USAA. I have a checking account and recently switched to them for auto insurance.
This past January they switched from offering a VantageScore to a FICO 8 score from Experian.

USAA credit score.JPG

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous used to get free credit services through USAA and now nothing for the last year! Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 26
satio
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymousused to get free credit services through USAA and now nothing for the last year! Smiley Sad

Okay, I also have checking/savings/CD/CC/Insurance with them.

Previously I only had Insurance and a CC but I added bank accounts there early this year. The credit score/monitoring blurp that used to be shown to me has been in "limbo" for some time now.

I am also subscribed to Experian.

So interested if there is going to be a service offering here from USAA for "free" that would eliminate the paid sub I have.

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@satio wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymousused to get free credit services through USAA and now nothing for the last year! Smiley Sad

Previously I only had Insurance and a CC but I added bank accounts there early this year. The credit score/monitoring blurp that used to be shown to me has been in "limbo" for some time now.

So interested if there is going to be a service offering here from USAA for "free" that would eliminate the paid sub I have.

It's still in there somewhere, I just can remember how I got to it.

I only have CC and insurance with them and have for several years now. Credit score used to automatically pop up on my home page and app until approximately a year or so ago. I then did some poking around and found a new registration link in my account.

It's not in the app.

I then, and now, have a tile on my desktop home page that says "Your credit score will be available here soon", but there is also a clickable button in that tile which takes me to my EX FICO score. You may need to rearrange or add the tile to your account home screen to see the access to the link. Not showing in app. I just click "Go to usaa.com" from the app and it takes me to desktop site where the tile is at the bottom.

Again, unfortunately can't remember how I first accessed it. I'm on mobile now but if I can get a screenshot later of what it looks like, I'll add it.

Screenshot_20190921-101552_Samsung Internet.jpg

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@satio .. glad you said "in limbo" as that is what I got. USAA seems to be wandering somewhat aimlessly around like they were lost! They sold their Mutual Funds to Viking Financial (who ever they are) and seem unable to focus. Now this new log in non sense (what a bunch of nonsense)!
Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@satio wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Once the score dropped off the app a while ago I started poking around on their site. Don't remember where it was but found another registration for credit score. Not accessible in the app, only on their site. Since the change, however long ago it was, I have a tile at the bottom of my account page that takes me to my EX FICO score. It's looked the same for at least the past year. Clicking on "See my score..." takes me right there.

Screenshot_20190921-101552_Samsung Internet.jpg

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous ... never saw what you posted before? Sure will try and find. Wonder what USAA is up to???
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really frustrated me when the score vanished a while back, but can't for the life of me remember where I found it on the site. I do remember I was logged into my account at the time though.

I know you can add/delete/rearrange tiles on your home page so it may be accessed through one that's hidden at the moment.

I'll do some more investigating.
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.