Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA now providing Experian Fico 8

tag
outofcredit
Established Contributor

USAA now providing Experian Fico 8

Just got notified that USAA is now providing Experian Fico 8 score rather than  Experian Vantage 3 score.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
SGT_Major
Established Member

Re: USAA now providing Experian Fico 8

Do you know if it'll be available on their mobile app?  Pain logging onto USAA on the laptop.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

outofcredit .... thanks for the "heads up" ... all I see is you will see a new score in the near future! I wondered and they have not notified me Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 11
outofcredit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

outofcredit .... thanks for the "heads up" ... all I see is you will see a new score in the near future! I wondered and they have not notified me Smiley Surprised

Got an email today telling me that the change had been made and the link took me directly to their credit monitoring site (Experian CreditCheck for USAA), redesigned and easier to navigate also. I was thinking they were changing to Fico 9 but it is Fico 8 score.  Haven't checked my regular USAA account page to see if the score is showing up there yet.

Message 4 of 11
outofcredit
Established Contributor

@SGT_Major wrote:

Do you know if it'll be available on their mobile app?  Pain logging onto USAA on the laptop.

I couldn't find it on my mobile app but I may be overlooking it.

Message 5 of 11
SGT_Major
Established Member

I got this message when I clicked on My Credit Score Icon:

There was an error logging you into the system. Please contact support at (866) 751-1320 for assistance. If you have not previously enrolled in the “CreditCheck & ID Monitor” product, enrollment is not currently available. Enrollments should be available in Mid-February.

EDIT:

I searched around on the USAA site and they will be offering a free score and other paid credit monitoring services.  

Message 6 of 11
outofcredit
Established Contributor

@SGT_Major wrote:

I got this message when I clicked on My Credit Score Icon:

There was an error logging you into the system. Please contact support at (866) 751-1320 for assistance. If you have not previously enrolled in the “CreditCheck & ID Monitor” product, enrollment is not currently available. Enrollments should be available in Mid-February.

EDIT:

I searched around on the USAA site and they will be offering a free score and other paid credit monitoring services.  

I was previously enrolled in their service.  I found it on the mobil app by clicking on "View All Accounts", scrolling down to the bottom, under the Services tab I clicked on "Credit Score Monitoring" which in turn took me to the "experiandirect.com" website which showed my current Fico 8 score (updated on February 3, 2019).

Message 7 of 11
cr101
Established Contributor

@outofcredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Got an email today telling me that the change had been made and the link took me directly to their credit monitoring site (Experian CreditCheck for USAA), redesigned and easier to navigate also. I was thinking they were changing to Fico 9 but it is Fico 8 score.  Haven't checked my regular USAA account page to see if the score is showing up there yet.

Have you been able to access your scores directly through experian since they switched it over completely to them? i have a separate experian account, but i want to see the score history.

Message 8 of 11
outofcredit
Established Contributor

@cr101 wrote:

@outofcredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you been able to access your scores directly through experian since they switched it over completely to them? i have a separate experian account, but i want to see the score history.

I use my regular Experian account to "track" my score.  At the top of the page there is a tab that says "Reports & Scores." When I  click on the the link titled "Score Tracker"  it shows me over 36 months of scores by hovering over each orange dot causing the score to be displayed.  There's a slider tab under the scores which can be used to increase or decrease the number scores shown in case it is too cluttered showing all the dots.  USAA advised that since I already had an Experian account in place they were not activating one thru them.

Message 9 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

When I saw it I think last month in their interface I just assumed they were reusing the Experian provided CMS, same upsell and everything.

        
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.