Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA or NFCU insurance experiences

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA or NFCU insurance experiences

Not sure if there is a post.. I couldnt find one...

Can anyone share NFCU or USAA insurance experiences
either auto or home?

TYVM

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: USAA or NFCU insurance experiences

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure if there is a post.. I couldnt find one...

Can anyone share NFCU or USAA insurance experiences
either auto or home?

TYVM

USAA for both.

It's statistically near zero I'll go anywhere else for the rest of my life, they're that good; damned near sterling reputation even amongst agents of other insurance providers in my experience... it's their core competency and they are very, very good at it in terms of both product and price.

        
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

if anyone knows any creating ways of joining PLEASE message me.

There was one for NFCU that I followed carefully and TVM.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

if anyone knows any creating ways of joining PLEASE message me.

There was one for NFCU that I followed carefully and TVM.

There are no backdoor or secret ways to join USAA.  And while I agree with are Revelate about the quality of USAA insurance products and also will never change, they are not always the least expensive insurance.

Message 4 of 12
gibeon
Established Contributor

I've been banking with USAA for 26 years and always end up going back to them for insurance whenever I've tried someone else. They may not be the cheapest, but they don't argue about paying out when the crap hits fan, and they will answer all the questions you can think of.

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA for insurance, no question.

I've been a member for years, but never really used them until this year.  

We were happy with Liberty Mutual but my homeowners was up for renewal and I got curious.

Spent two hours on the phone with USAA (fantastic CS btw) and went over all of my insurance accounts.  They got me a slightly lower rate on auto insurance (3 cars, 2 full cov erage), a very good discount on my motorcycle insurance, and a very very good discount on homeowners.  My HO policy went from 1,600 a year to 900, with more coverage!

With regards to credit, I apped online with a pre-approved offer and got a Visa Signature card with a 25k limit.

I am in the process of selling my house, and am using their Real Estate Network to do it.  When I sell and buy a house with one of their approved realtors, I get cash back! 

I'm also pre-approved for a new mortgage and will likely be using them as my real estate lender.

I'm considering getting supplemental life insurance through them as well.

I can't say enough good things about USAA.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

makes you want to send your child off to war....

After USAA .. who are ppl suggesting for homeowners and auto insurance?

Amica?

Message 7 of 12
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

I've got USAA.  Probably will have them forever.  Only have had one claim, back in 2011 when I wrecked my car.  I was at fault, and my rates went down the next term.  The only issue I had was that they towed my car to who knows while they made their detrmination.  Turned out that it was totaled, and the claim was processed quickly and fairly.  

Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a member of both NFCU and USAA; both for 10+ years. I've always used USAA for home and auto insurance and banking and NCFU only for banking.  I have filed several auto claims with USAA and one home insurance claim after a hurricane. I have never seen any significant/unwarranted changes in my premiums becuse of them.  I've honestly never had any complaints with either NFCU or USAA. I've always felt like NFCU had better rates on car loans, but USAA has better credit card terms. My $0.02.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

but most of us cant get into USAA.. so for insurance who is the next best thing?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.