Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA you guys are strange sometimes

tag
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

USAA you guys are strange sometimes

So I have been with USAA for years never so much as an issue with them. My wife and I have a couple of cards with them one of them being the Cashback Rewards Plus Amex card. We only use this card for gas as it gets 5% on gas. The other day the DW goes to the same station she has been going to for years and uses the card to get gas. Went through just fine. Later I see the charge pending on my account for $78 and some change then I see an manual adjustment by USAA giving the money back. Ahh ok. So I call the bank and they tell me they thought it was fraud so gave me the money back right away despite the fact that it went through at the station. Then they tell me not too worry as there are no blocks on any of our cards they were just looking out for me. Ahh ok appreciate that if it really was a case of fraud but in this case it was not. I told them that and there response was well the merchant can try again to charge the card or if you get lucky you got free gas. Yea ahh I would love free gas but I am not that lucky. As of this date they have not tried to re charge it and it has been a week. I don't know what to make of this wackiness. My concern is they will come after the DW the next time she gets gas. I have never seen them allow a charge and then give it back without any of us issuing a dispute. Time will tell I guess.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: USAA you guys are strange sometimes

@hawkins wrote:

So I have been with USAA for years never so much as an issue with them. My wife and I have a couple of cards with them one of them being the Cashback Rewards Plus Amex card. We only use this card for gas as it gets 5% on gas. The other day the DW goes to the same station she has been going to for years and uses the card to get gas. Went through just fine. Later I see the charge pending on my account for $78 and some change then I see an manual adjustment by USAA giving the money back. Ahh ok. So I call the bank and they tell me they thought it was fraud so gave me the money back right away despite the fact that it went through at the station. Then they tell me not too worry as there are no blocks on any of our cards they were just looking out for me. Ahh ok appreciate that if it really was a case of fraud but in this case it was not. I told them that and there response was well the merchant can try again to charge the card or if you get lucky you got free gas. Yea ahh I would love free gas but I am not that lucky. As of this date they have not tried to re charge it and it has been a week. I don't know what to make of this wackiness. My concern is they will come after the DW the next time she gets gas. I have never seen them allow a charge and then give it back without any of us issuing a dispute. Time will tell I guess.

Yes I agree that is real strange. I would call them back and instruct them that you want them to process the transaction.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.