cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get credit report?

tag
genmes

Re: Unable to get credit report?

Took Equifax about three weeks to get a response from them...

Their responses was that they are unable to locate a credit file because...

I may not have a current file

Or I have not applied for credit recently recently

Or I have not actively used credit in the past ten years.

Their response is contradictory, because I sent them a copy of a letter from the bank that rejected me because of my supposed deliquent acccounts. Equifax also asked to verify my identification and address again asking for the same items I had sent before.

I am at lost at what I should I do. Any suggestions? I plan to send them proofs to verfiy my idenfication again, but I feel like they will be sending me back stuff I had answered before.

On a side note, I was able to obtain a credit report from Transunion and Experian. No problem with them at all.

Message 11 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@genmes wrote:

Took Equifax about three weeks to get a response from them...

Their responses was that they are unable to locate a credit file because...

I may not have a current file

Or I have not applied for credit recently recently

Or I have not actively used credit in the past ten years.

Their response is contradictory, because I sent them a copy of a letter from the bank that rejected me because of my supposed deliquent acccounts. Equifax also asked to verify my identification and address again asking for the same items I had sent before.

I am at lost at what I should I do. Any suggestions? I plan to send them proofs to verfiy my idenfication again, but I feel like they will be sending me back stuff I had answered before.

On a side note, I was able to obtain a credit report from Transunion and Experian. No problem with them at all.

And your bank specifically mentioned EQ?

Message 12 of 14
genmes

Yes, it specifically say that credit report was provided by Equifax.

Message 13 of 14
genmes

Suggestions anyone?

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.