Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove AU Best Buy Store CC

tag
StephenH
Regular Contributor

Unable to remove AU Best Buy Store CC

Hi everyone,

I was added on as an authorized user on my dads BB store card a few months back. It was to complete a purchase in-person and I figured I can remove myself as an AU both from the card and credit report afterwards.

I had my dad call in and remove me as an AU; however, the account still shows up on my EX report as a closed account (AU relationship terminated). Ive disputed the account 4-5 times now and they are unable to completely remove it from my report despite me submitting letters/documents from BB cc confirming that I am no longer an AU. Each time I've called in I've been told that when EX reached out to verify status BB has confirmed that I am on the account. When I call BB they tell me that I've been removed as an AU and have not been one since October. The account does not show up on TU or EQ.

What can I do here?

Bankruptcy Chapter 7 DC 03/2021
IIB: Chase CSR 10K, Amex BCP 20K, Disco It 9K, Citi DC 3K

Cap One Plat. 04/2021 3K SL ---> CLI 3.3K ---> PC Venture One ---> PC QS
Cap One QS1 08/2021 3K SL ---> CLI 5.5K ---> PC QS (no AF) ---> PC Venture
Installment Loan 08/2021 10K remaining
Student Loan 09/2014 15K remaining

FICO 8: 683 EX, 668 EQ, 652 TU
Goal: Venture X, Penfed PCR
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

Re: Unable to remove AU Best Buy Store CC

Citi is the one that issues the BB store cards. Are you contacting them directly? This seems like a fairly easy thing to rectify and you shouldn't need to be disputing anything. I mean you were an AU and now your not hence the closed account. If it was a positive account with good history you don't need to do anything more. Unless it wasn't then I could see the problem but you didn't indicate that in your OP.

3/4/23

Message 2 of 3
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: Unable to remove AU Best Buy Store CC

@Lou-natic wrote:

Citi is the one that issues the BB store cards. Are you contacting them directly? This seems like a fairly easy thing to rectify and you shouldn't need to be disputing anything. I mean you were an AU and now your not hence the closed account. If it was a positive account with good history you don't need to do anything more. Unless it wasn't then I could see the problem but you didn't indicate that in your OP.

^^^ This

My daughter's both have many closed AU accounts reporting.

They do no harm, if the account was possitive at time of closing.

Nothing to dispute.

You were an authorized user on the card and now you are not.

Might be around for 10 more years.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.