Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized Inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unauthorized Inquiries

I indicated on myfico that I was interested in re-financing. I have been working with a couple of companies, but I noticed that there are companies that weren't authorized ran my credit. One of the lenders informed me that they most likely ran the report and decided that they they don't want to deal with me.

How can I get these removed?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unauthorized Inquiries

If you told the company specifically not to do a credit check, contact them. First get it in writing it will be removed and then make them remove it in less than 30 days. I had a mortgage company pull my credit after I stated "I was just interested and do not want my credit pulled". The rep repeated to me, nope, won't do it. He did. I disputed it. It came off. I don't know why I went to the CRA instead of the bank manager, I'm just a nice person and I was worried he would loose his job even though he hurt my credit. I'm too nice. But if you clearly stated not to pull credit, then fight it.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unauthorized Inquiries

I didn't speak to any of these companies at all.

Are you saying dispute as "not mine" with CRA or directly with the company? Mind you, I haven't even heard of some of these companies. Their names just appear on my credit report as something cryptic.

Message Edited by scrills on 06-18-2007 01:59 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.