Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected hard inquiry??

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Unexpected hard inquiry??

Do you by any chance have a fraud alert?  If so, that will create another hp.  I got 3 from amex on one card last month because of this.....I just got the fraud alerts and freezes lifted from all 3b's today.  Anyway, you may not have that but just wanted to bring that up just in case.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rockysocks wrote:
I just wanted to give all of you a final update. I called UMB and was told by a specialized department dealing with this topic that when I applied for my PayPal and Wells Fargo, they received info of my social being used for those applications (because it was me applying with my own social, but anyway) from "a third party", so they pulled another hard inquiry to make sure everything is okay.

So yeah, UMB is always watching.
Thanks all!!!

Yep, figured that was what happened. Thanks for updating us!

Message 12 of 19
Rockysocks
Frequent Contributor

I haven't gotten any alerts from anywhere about fraud. Smiley Happy The closest thing was UMB doing that hard inquiry to CHECK for fraud, but they didn't call me or lock my card. I think I just spooked them. Lol
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

After hearing your story, I think it's a blessing that the DC Power card is so difficult to get. I don't care for lenders who HP for kicks.

Message 14 of 19
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't care for lenders who HP for kicks.

That be citiSmiley Mad

Edit to add:  they wrote that book, everyone else just took a page.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 15 of 19
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After hearing your story, I think it's a blessing that the DC Power card is so difficult to get. I don't care for lenders who HP for kicks.

What's so special about this card? I looked it up and it's only 1.25% cash back on the first $5,000 and then 1.5% after... Surely there are other (easier) cards to get that are 2%, like PayPal MC. Heck, even Capital One's Quicksilver is better than that one. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 16 of 19
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Geez, makes one think they should lock their credit report at all times. 

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What's so special about this card? I looked it up and it's only 1.25% cash back on the first $5,000 and then 1.5% after... Surely there are other (easier) cards to get that are 2%, like PayPal MC. Heck, even Capital One's Quicksilver is better than that one. 

You're not looking at the right card. 

https://dcpowervisa.dccomics.com

The reason many of us want it though is because its a DC credit card... I certainly  wanted a Wonder Woman credit card in my wallet, regardless of the superiority of the Marvel MC. 

Message 18 of 19
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You're not looking at the right card. 

https://dcpowervisa.dccomics.com

The reason many of us want it though is because its a DC credit card... I certainly  wanted a Wonder Woman credit card in my wallet, regardless of the superiority of the Marvel MC. 

Oops! Figured I was. I wouldn't mind having a Harley Quinn or Batman card either! However, I'm not going to rush out and get a card just because it has a pretty picture. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.