Did you mean: 

Unusual alert from Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unusual alert from Experian

I received this credit alert from Experian today:

Dormant US BANK Bank Card is Now Active
New activity on your previously dormant US BANK account was reported.

I have two US Bank credit Cards. I use both regularly and have for the last several months. Neither card has ever gone dormant.

I don't see anything new on my credit report.

Any idea what this alert means? Do I need to do anything?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: Unusual alert from Experian

Had you stopped using one for a period of time, and even though its been used over the last month or so, could it possibly be now just hitting your CR?
I would keep an eye out for any alerts over the next few days just to be on the safe side.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, that's just it. I have used both US Bank cards every month for the last year.

Both cards report on CR every month. Last time was Dec 3 2018.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant Dec 30th, not Dec 3rd.
Message 4 of 11
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

I suggest you check the return email path of this email to determine whether the email is legitimate or phishing correspondence. If it is phishing/spoof, forward the email to the credit card issuing bank, i.e. spoof@americanexpress.com. Search online or call your bank to find out where to forward spoof email bearing their trade name. DO NOT click on links or attachments in the email.
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The alert is actually on my Experian account, not on an email. But thanks for the reply.

Message 6 of 11
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

Yeap, happened to me when I used jared card / comenity in december.

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@J-F168 wrote:

Yeap, happened to me when I used jared card / comenity in december.

It just seems odd. I dont know if I should be concerned or not. I guess I will just wait and see.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You said you have been using them, but are you reporting a balance every month? I believe USB reports the balance on the last day of the month, not the statement balance, if your due date is few days before end of month, it's possible $0 balance is being sent to CRAs even if there is usage and statement balance.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You said you have been using them, but are you reporting a balance every month? I believe USB reports the balance on the last day of the month, not the statement balance, if your due date is few days before end of month, it's possible $0 balance is being sent to CRAs even if there is usage and statement balance.

Thanks. They both report on the last business day of the month. Due dates are 22nd and 24th of the following month.  I rotate use of them as my AZEO so at least one posts a balance on report. FWIW I just checked my updated report and still no changes.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.