Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual and Constant Verification Failures

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unusual and Constant Verification Failures

Hi MyFico Members,

A very addicted lurker here, finally writing my first post because I am in severe need for help.

I have been trying to open a Credit Seaseme account for myself (in order to switch to some free credit monitoring, due to recent financial troubles)

However, I have been repeatedly failing what it seems like to be the identitiy verification and had my account locked for 30 days (three times now - so I've lost a total of 90 days)

I'm not sure where the error lies, my best guess is it might be the address (I shifted apartaments in the same building about 8 months ago).

I have access to paid credit monitoring services with transunion, equifax, experian, prosper daily and myfico. The address seems to be correct, yet differently formatted on by the three bureau(s) (god know why!). While creating these transunion, equifax, experian, prosper daily and myfico accounts I had to go through manual verification for all of them (except one but I don't remember, I think it was Experian), I had to call and answer some questions in order to have my identity verified. I have had to go through the same process of manual verification while applying for credit cards as well - for cards, I fail the verification (90%) of the time, and have to call or mail/email some form of identity documents.

My second best guess is this - there was an incorrect alias (different last name) and address (very similar to mine but a different street). I'm quite sure my identity wasn't stolen and it was an error, it's been months since I have had it corrected. However, this issue has been happening since before then.

Credit Seaseme (the free credit protection that I want to switch to) does not have a call option to verify.

I tried to use Civic Credit Protection and the results were similar (failed online identity verification), they don't manually verify either.

Any idea on what might be the reason behind constantly failing this (it's a major inconvinience) and how I can resolve it?

5 REPLIES 5
Blodreina
Established Contributor

Re: Unusual and Constant Verification Failures

When was the last time you thoroughly looked through your reports for each bureau?  That might be a good place to start:  to find any incorrect information and dispute it, but also just to be familiar with the particulars of what's in your reports.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responding.

I actually looked them up just yesterday, the address on all of them seems to be the same (except the only different being that it is, differently formatted, but I don't think that is the issue, or is it?)

Any other ideas (or potential solutions) on why this might be happening?

Message 3 of 6
stellar
Established Contributor

also get your free lexis nexis report to see if there are errors.  alot of them use lexis nexis for verification

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have checked all three reports on the Equifax, Experian, and Transunion website through their credit monitoring system, all information except the way the addresses are formatted matches. I got the 3B report on myFico to as well to be 100% sure about this.

@stellar, I'm a little confused here, could you tell me more about what lexis nexis is? Is it a bureau (and is it what is used by Credit Seaseme)

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have checked all three reports on the Equifax, Experian, and Transunion website through their credit monitoring system, all information except the way the addresses are formatted matches. I got the 3B report on myFico to as well to be 100% sure about this.

@stellar, I'm a little confused here, could you tell me more about what lexis nexis is? Is it a bureau (and is it what is used by Credit Seaseme)

LexisNexis is what is known as a secondary bureau.  They maintain info on you just like the major bureaus do, however their info is rarely used for consumer credit but  is more often used for insurance and identity verification (your exact issue).

Info on obtaining your report can be found here:

https://personalreports.lexisnexis.com/access_your_full_file_disclosure.jsp

Good Luck!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.