cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Laughable)Employment Changed on credit reports, not sure how that happened...does it matter?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Update: Laughable)Employment Changed on credit reports, not sure how that happened...does it matter?

DH's credit reports are showing he is a new "Self Employed/1099".  He has always been Owner/CEO of his business since 1991.  This just happened this month.  It shows it like it's a new job.  Owner of company is listed as "Former Employer".

Do I need to dispute these?

Here's the Update:

So we both did a dispute to the CB's.  Got the letters today and EQ stated, solved and showed their correction. GREATSmiley Mad  Now we are not only new employees as of this month, we are no longer employees to the company the false 1099 listed last month.  So we have now on our CR's, three jobs, two from the past two months with this latest employment to a company that does not exist. (No investigation apparently but they easily changed info yet again without proof...hmmmm)

We went from owning our business est. in 1991- s-corp 1994 to present to:

June 2019 ( 1099 employees) to:

July 2019 working for a company that does not exist.

We called EQ, opened new dispute, I think she said(couldn't quite understand her completely) she fixed it all and we are now back to owning our business that was est. in 1991.  I have a reference number so we shall see.

It's behooves me how a dispute with the name of your business can get so screwed up. .....crazy.  If you were to look at the resolution letter you would laugh at the name they gave our company, they did NOT investigate at all (rediculous how they claim they only report the facts-Jack!)

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bizcredit11
Frequent Contributor

Re: Employment Changed on credit reports, not sure how that happened...does it matter?

On all 3 main biz credit bureaus? Which ones?

Did you check at the state level? What does it say there?

bizcredit11

Message 2 of 5
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Employment Changed on credit reports, not sure how that happened...does it matter?

@bizcredit11 wrote:

On all 3 main biz credit bureaus? Which ones?

Did you check at the state level? What does it say there?

bizcredit11

You know what?  I got confused and posted in wrong forum.  I should have posted on personal.  My apologies.  It's DH"s personal, tu and eq.

Message 3 of 5
GApeachy
Super Contributor

I put the update in original post.

Message 4 of 5
zerofire
Valued Contributor

I know I did not have any employment info on my reports for years until recently. That is of course counter to the fact that I have been working for one company for over a decade. I think it is one of those things that is nice to have if available. The only ones that seam to report employers as far as I know are CU's. I think that is the one field that does not matter.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.