cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a Law Firm to get baddies removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using a Law Firm to get baddies removed?

I saw a post where the OP used a law firm to get baddies removed.  They charged a set up fee of 99 and a monthly fee of either 39 or 59 depending on the service used.   One of the people that responded to the post said that with the help of this board you could do all of what they did yourself.   I know that I learned so much here and got quite a few baddies removed and yes this is true for the most part.  But for the ones that I haven't been able to... old collections, GMAC showing as a recent collection even though I was just paying off a balance that was originally sent to collections in 2003, etc., do you think they could have better luck than I did?  Tuscani, Noah, TNWM, Fused?   What's your opinion?  Does using a legal firm give any more teeth to some of these hard to remove baddies?   Is it worth the money to spring for it?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
NoMelonsNoLemon
Established Member

Re: Using a Law Firm to get baddies removed?

The firm you speak of has some bad reviews over on yahoo.com. A friend of mine beat me up for trying them, I signed up for the service last week, in fact I found this website reading through blogs on their site.

While I learned a lot with this site and I will be a fico junkie, I'd prefer someone to do the work for me, atleast out the gate, if they can get 3-5 things off my record and they battle things out great, if not I'll be out about 200 USD as I plan to cancel in about 3 months. The one thing about them is, they will tell you everything upfront, service as product is all they are selling, and they are doing it legally. They will not take money upfront, however they will take your payment method upfront Smiley Very Happy

The thing I am most hopeful about them is I have a mark that has been inflated for about the last 10 years, I dont know if it was ever in a chargeoff state all I know is it has been the bain my side for too long, if they can get this removed and it does not pop back up to me it's worth the money not to deal with the headache.
Message 2 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Save your money and DIY!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

other then public record.....everything dropped from your CR in 7-7.5 years.

dispute with CRA
Message 4 of 10
NoMelonsNoLemon
Established Member

The problem I keep having is they sell the debt to someone else and the first  thing they do is change the date of chargeoff or collection and then turn around and report it. I have disputed it and they didn't even remove it for 30 days to investigate, they sent me a letter saying they found that I do owe the debt, regardless of date or the fact it is the same debt different name and higher balance.

Check this out: Law Firm in question

Message Edited by NoMelonsNoLemon on 08-12-2007 11:50 AM
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

NoMelonsNoLemon wrote:
The problem I keep having is they sell the debt to someone else and the first  thing they do is change the date of chargeoff or collection and then turn around and report it. I have disputed it and they didn't even remove it for 30 days to investigate, they sent me a letter saying they found that I do owe the debt, regardless of date or the fact it is the same debt different name and higher balance.

Check this out: Law Firm in question

Message Edited by NoMelonsNoLemon on 08-12-2007 11:50 AM

Im guessing that you are talking about a CA...is that correct?

What is the DOFD on it?
What state do you live in?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Save you money, because that credit bureau knows when you are using agencies and usually the credit agency use tricks as "we believe you were not the one who sent this letter. Therefore we cannot investigate. Please, send prove of IDentity. They know, and usually they keep send the something. I pay, once, for these agencies, and I asked them: The credit bureau knows that I am not the one sending the letters. THe agent told me: It is a trick they do, because they know about us, and he say we should keep trying and that eventually they crack down. Trust me save your money. They removed some stuff at the beginning that even I could for myself. After 1 year with them they just removed 2 things, and I doubt they can remove bankruptcy and tax liens. Don't waste yor money. Do it yourself, and you have a better chance to remove, if you thing is unfair.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes they do send those generic letters ,,,mainly from EX.....but DO NOT RESPOND!!!!!!!.....the info does get deleted,,,,,we get them every month from EX (using Lexington Law).....been using them for a year!

i am getting chargeoffs removed and late pays......

just my 2 cents
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you getting charge offs deleted?  With a GW letter?

Message 9 of 10
NoMelonsNoLemon
Established Member

Happy,
               No I'm talking about the CRA I disputed it with, and my DOFD I'm not sure but I think it was summer of 96 but again I have seen the date change on my CR. I live in IN (Indiana). When I hit up the CRA they brushed me off.

I seen in another post where someone complained about this site and forums becoming an advertisement for companies like the one we are talking about, they also post in this thread.

I have have not posted the name of the company nor do I plan on it, unless someone asks, I do not think it something to worry about.

I have seen others weigh in heavy on DIY! The company is quite nice, very responsive and I know full well that I can do it with the help of ppl on this site and the posts. The fact is I think they are going to be better at it as well as able to deal with curve balls tossed back at me. It is a service as a product, how many ppl pay someone to connect them to the net? Sure you really can't DIY when it comes to that but it's the ideal. Ppl hire contractors to improve their house, with HGTV and some books ...... you get the point.

I know what I am paying for, and when I feel or think the benefits of using the service go negative I'll stop. The company seems honest, they are selling but they do not cross the lines nor have I found where they imply things that I know to be false, unlike other companies I have dealt with for a more typical product.

Message Edited by NoMelonsNoLemon on 08-12-2007 05:32 PM
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.