Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using capital one for a large pay pal transfer

tag
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Using capital one for a large pay pal transfer

I know some banks they don't like when you used to make a PayPal payment transfer money  to someone like a Amex 

But what about the capital one?  and navy federal credit union?

like $3500 the amount 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Re: Using capital one for a large pay pal transfer

Do you mean sending money on your Capital One card to pay another credit card (like a balance transfer?) or to pay a friend?

Current Cards:
Message 2 of 7
Jccflat
Established Contributor

No simply sending money from PayPal to someone but using the credit card that is linked And not the checking account

Message 3 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Found this on PP's site. You can use your PayPal-linked credit card to send money to family and friends. PayPal charges a 2.9% fee plus 30 cents for the service. Cant find what the original creditor allows from Cap or NFCU. You can use thier cards to use to pay for stuff on PayPal. That grey area is where $ is involved. call PP and see what they say.

Message 4 of 7
outofcredit
Established Contributor

I have used credit card to send cash via paypal to a friend.  NFCU treats it as a purchase. Capital One will treat it as a cash advance.  Paypal will charge their fees regardless of what card you use. The credit card provider will charge an additional "cash advance" fee if applicable.  Generally, Paypal will have a popup that warns if a particular bank may treat the payment as a cash advance and ask if you want to continue. YMMV

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 5 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Jccflat wrote:

I know some banks they don't like when you used to make a PayPal payment transfer money  to someone like a Amex 

like $3500 the amount 

@Jccflat, Looks like upthread Cap1 treats it as "cash advance"

I think with AmEx as long as they don't flag it as "manufactured spend" you would survive.

I would feel a lot more comfortable using NFCU (Navy Federal)   ..JMHO

• No balance transfer fees
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • No cash advance fees

Message 6 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Jccflat wrote:

like $3500 the amount 

@Jccflat, Looks like upthread Cap1 treats it as "cash advance"

I think with AmEx as long as they don't flag it as "manufactured spend" you would survive.

I would feel a lot more comfortable using NFCU (Navy Federal)   ..JMHO

• No balance transfer fees
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • No cash advance fees

^^^ this 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.