cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vantage 3.0 (CK) question on late payments?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vantage 3.0 (CK) question on late payments?

I know I know, who cares about CK and their scoring models.  Moving past that, quick question about how that model looks at "late payments."  I was looking through my normal Sunday morning update today and noticed that under "payment history" it shows me having 3 late payments under one account.  This however is inaccurate as I have 3 late payments on TWO accounts, or 6 total late payments all during the 2014 calendar year.  I thought that perhaps with Vantage 3.0 it only looks back a certain amount of time, but since these lates are during the same time period (almost exactly) that can't be the case.

So why is it factoring in only 3 of my late payments from 1 account rather than all 6 from both accounts that I've been late on?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Vantage 3.0 (CK) question on late payments?

@Anonymous wrote:

I know I know, who cares about CK and their scoring models.  Moving past that, quick question about how that model looks at "late payments."  I was looking through my normal Sunday morning update today and noticed that under "payment history" it shows me having 3 late payments under one account.  This however is inaccurate as I have 3 late payments on TWO accounts, or 6 total late payments all during the 2014 calendar year.  I thought that perhaps with Vantage 3.0 it only looks back a certain amount of time, but since these lates are during the same time period (almost exactly) that can't be the case.

So why is it factoring in only 3 of my late payments from 1 account rather than all 6 from both accounts that I've been late on?

It's Credit Karma not Vantage.  Just an error in presentation of the interpreted data on the report.   

It's a common mistake here but we can't pull anything about Vantage from CK's presentation.  I do suspect that VS does care about recent data more, and might discount old lates: for example, I have a 30/60 late on both files and both scores were similar through October of last year and then TU took a 120 point hit for a 30 day late which wasn't reflected on EQ (or EX, Lady Luck actually smiled on me for once); however, all the lates are reported correctly, 2 accounts with missed payments, 3 on one, 1 on the other on the TU report on CK.

        
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the CK software for some reason isn't "seeing" the lates on the second account, only the first?  I just found this odd.

Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

It may be odd but may just be where the cut off is on what they factor in. Hard to tell on this model.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.