Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vantage Scoring........What Nonsense!

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Vantage Scoring........What Nonsense!

Checked my Vantage score at Experian's website and to my surprise, it was a lousy 823.  This translates into a "B" grade.  Also checked my Fico scores and they were, TU 798, EQ 789,  EX 755.
What is with the discrepancy btw Fico and Vantage Scoring.  Anyone experience this?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Vantage Scoring........What Nonsense!

There is no discrepancy only different scoring models.  You have an excellent score on any scale
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some folks report FICOs higher than their Vantage scores, but usually it's the other way 'round. Heck, your FICO scores won't even all be the same, but more than likely that on account of some creditors reporting to some bureaus but not all three.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have it seems that the model used at two bureaus are different and in my case as well scores higher than those used at fico. I figure if you can get your fico where you want it almost nothing else matters.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figure if you can get your fico where you want it almost nothing else matters.

Yes, I agree because so far I cannot find any creditors that even use Vantage scores to determine a borrower's risk.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.