FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Vantage score says it is declining?

@flan wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Goos wrote:

@donkort wrote:

For the most part, the only scores that "count" are FICO scores.  I like MyFico---but I'm not merely promoting it when I say this.

It's pretty rare for any credit entity to make use of Vantage Scores when assessing worthiness for a loan or credit card.

Yet snchrony uses it for all their cards and they don't seem to be a very small or a rare issuer . Choose whatever path serves you best . 

@Goos  Sync pulled TU when I got the Loews card. And it was in the letter who they used with the score from FICO 8 last June.

Remember that the legal requirement when using data from credit scores is to report one, if that data resulted in denial or less than best terms offered.  A lender can pull data from everywhere they can, generate 200 different scores, including proprietary ones, and tell you the result and source for just one of them.  Sophisticated lenders use all the data they can figure out how to use, not just a raw score from a third party.  (and even non-sophisticated lenders (of which there are not many) use data not on your credit report, like you income. 

Thanks. Im well aware of all the ways banks use different agencies to come to a decision. Cap1 triples as we know and also uses Innovis for example.

Message 11 of 12
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Re: Vantage score says it is declining?

Truist must do this also. Last month I attempted a pre-qualification with them and they couldn't verify my identity. I had the big 3 unfrozen, but not Lexis, Sagestream, or Innovis, so I suppose they were unable to source some supporting information... which I'm ok with. Keep it moving 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.