cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Settlement Offer! What should I do?

tag
detdime83
Established Member

Verizon Settlement Offer! What should I do?

I had an account with Verizon Wireless from 2002-2005. The account was charged-off 2005 ($1163.66). Just contacted them regarding a PFD. They advised that they couldnt do that but if I settle the account ($700) in 14 days they would update as Closed/Paid in Full. Also, stated no settlement info will be reported. Will this action have a positive effect on my fico
?  I heard settlements are not too good, so just a little weary.

Help

Starting Score: 493
Current Score: 493
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: Verizon Settlement Offer! What should I do?

83.......I am sure folks more knowledgable than I will respond to you. But, one thing I do know for sure..............GET IT IN WRITING.

Ask them if they could delete the account when paid.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 6
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

detdime83 wrote:
I had an account with Verizon Wireless from 2002-2005. The account was charged-off 2005 ($1163.66). Just contacted them regarding a PFD. They advised that they couldnt do that but if I settle the account ($700) in 14 days they would update as Closed/Paid in Full. Also, stated no settlement info will be reported. Will this action have a positive effect on my fico
?  I heard settlements are not too good, so just a little weary.

Help

This will NOT have a positive effect on fico, fico doesnt care that it is paid. it will stick with you until it falls off report. send another PFD.
Message 3 of 6
VLGaffEsq
Regular Contributor

I agree with the other replies; counteroffer to settle, BUT only if they will agree to remove this item from your credit report, and GET IT IN WRITING.  Don't give up; be persistent!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can send them a PFD  and offer the amount that you decide or the $500. They will mail you a letter on their letterhead!!!  check all wording as if not correct and you pay   thats it. Then you have to start sending GW letters & hope that they accept.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I once used a restrictive endorsement on a check once with verizon...they cashed it 2 months later deleted
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.